Tuesday, May 7, 2019

MONTH IN REVIEW: March & April 2019




March started out with me attending a doll show.

Where I bought a not doll.

Snowflake here is a handmade, one of a kind mohair bunny made by a really nice artist I met at the show.

The show was really fun and I can't wait for the next one!



I also picked up this Madame Alexander Little Women Journals Beth from the same lady. Beth came wearing her stock outfit, but I bought the holiday one as well, as those are the ones I prefer.

It's nice having Beth back. I owned her very briefly back in 2008 or 2009.

It's also nice having one of these girls again in general, because Jo did not survive the hurricane.




Lots of bears these two months. No one is surprised.

I paid off my layaway on giant Bertha and she came home in early March, accompanied by one of my twin Splodge bears.





Locket Surprise raccoon got a new friend! I found the bear on ebay for a good price and snatched her right up.

I love this weird little line.





Bakewell (red) joins Muffin (blue).







Chillblaine is judging me.





Here's my gorgeous sad Dandy. I picked this one because he reminded me of my favorite sculpture in the Met.

I originally was thinking about cancelling him, because he was the 1st quarter pre-order that I was least attached to, but I fell hard for this guy and he had to be mine.






Vinnie the smiling rhino. I need  to give him more attention, poor guy. He came along with some stunners that have captured my attention much more.






Here's Hakatan, who photographs black but is actually super dark blue.






Rum Baba was my surprise favorite from this large shipment. He was a late addition to my pre-orders and I regret nothing. This is the softest, most plush bear I own. He sits behind my pillow in bed so I can reach for him if I need comforting.

Best cuddler, hands down.




And here are my twin Splodges. The one on the right was chosen first, thanks to his multitudes of color. The one on the left, who I call Ol' Blue Ear, was bought after everyone else had chosen theirs. I'm so happy no one wanted him! He's actually become my favorite of the two.




Cutie pie Lemieux, resparking my Azone love.






Axolotls by Amuse.




Li'l Red is one of the brand new Fables series of Charlie Bears, based on Aesop's Fables.






It was time for the spring QVC show and you know what that means. Lots of orders!

Pretty little Kay is one of the only CBs I own that has a tail!

She might actually be the only one, not counting the non-bear animals.



Sorbets by Manhattan Toy.

Key Lime monkey.

Grape sloth.

Kiwi koala.

Kiwi? Kiwis aren't rainbow...






Bing's another arrival from QVC.








Molly Coddle is this gorgeous pinkish-brown shade. She's very unusual.







This is actually my second Briscoe. I didn't like the first one at all and returned him and ordered a second. I figured he'd get two chances to impress me and this one did.


I got 5 Kawaii Squeezies unicorns at a local general store. I ended up with 3 different ones and 2 doubles. Then I started ordering them off ebay. I wiped out the entire stock of one seller and very thankfully opened my most wanted pair: the goth one and the Dia de los Muertos one. The toast one on the far left and the one that looks like Rarity were still missing, so I ordered them off ebay, and boom, complete set.

I have plenty of doubles if anyone happens to want.








Alien ragdolls from my favorite ragdoll artist!







More bear arrivals!

Bud was ordered from Charlie Bears Direct US.

He's Bing's brother.









Koda came from CB Direct UK, since we never got him here in the US.








Diddums also came from CBD UK. He's tiny and soft and just darling. I used my membership coupons on him and Koda!









Little Isnee was an impulse purchase when QVC had 6 Easy Pays and free shipping.







Bindi came from a lovely ebay seller.

She's an older bear that had been on my low-key wantlist for ages.







Same with Mr. Henry. He was an older want.

I think he reminds me of an upgraded version of this big brown teddy with a red bowtie that my grandmother had.




I have been so into Bananas Bunch 2, but I keep getting doubles!

I'm so happy I was able to trade for Alexis Axolotl.




Got these guys at Walmart! Ox has actually joined them now, too, but I haven't photographed him.




And got this new little Wage figure, too.

I've also picked up some more of the original figure line that I'll also have to photograph.






Sometimes the Wave 2 version is so much better than the original.






My stunning Azone Little Witches!








Goliath is my second CB lion of the year.

He's so sweet.








Candice is joined by her pink and gray sister Cara.





And I finally got the beautiful black dress variant of Atara Inferno!

Pretty sure she got here in April. We're going with it.

That wraps up my missing months!

No comments:

Post a Comment