Thursday, April 25, 2019

Tonner Toys Little Miss Matched PROTOTYPES! (Part 1)

Got a 2-part look at some exciting prototype dolls! I have four of them total, but one's hair is drying, so I figured I'd do two and another two once her hair is done. It was a mess and needed serious conditioning.

So I have an ebay saved search for the Little Miss Matched line, because up until quite recently I was looking for the Artsy doll. I didn't delete the search after I found her, in case any cheap fashion packs popped up, and boy, I'm glad I kept it!

I knew right away when I saw these auctions that there was something special here. I didn't even see the mock-up boxed doll in this photo to the left right away, just three lots of multiple dolls, but four of those dolls had hair colors that were not used in the actual line.

I ended up winning three of the four auctions I bid on. The one I lost had two early prototypes of this lovely redhead and early versions of her outfit.

I was very surprised that I won the mock-up boxed doll. I honestly thought she'd sell for the most, because it's likely she's the most complete prototype of all the ones shown. I wouldn't be surprised if this was the outfit she would have come in or something quite close to it.

I did take her out of the box. It's only a mock-up after all and I could easily put her back in it, since she was just held down with twist ties and a couple rubber bands.

Now if you know the LMM line, the dolls don't have names but themes: Sporty, Rocker, Artsy and Uptown. This one obviously would have been a dancer.






Her hair is much shorter than any of the other curls. Even if I took it down and brushed it, it wouldn't be very long.

She's a natural redhead as opposed to the Uptown doll, which has much brighter red hair. Her eyes are also different, as Uptown has bright green eyes and this girl's are turquoise. Their side glances also go in opposite directions, so there's no mistaking this girl for Uptown!







She wears blue pants with legwarmers, a "tutu" in a stiff white material, a star-printed white shirt over a leotard, and gray sneakers. She comes with a dance bag and a brush. There's also a headband buried in her red curls.







And there's the cute leotard. I love the thumbholes!

I had trouble coming up with a name for her, so right now she's Claire (like Molly Ringwald in Breakfast Club), but that may change.




Ah, now this girl. This was the girl I was determined to have. And apparently, other people agreed with me, because the lot with her in it went for the highest price.

Hers was the auction that caught my eye in the ebay email. I knew right away that black hair was not right! Not on a released doll, I mean.

The seller had two of this character. The other one was dressed in some clothes that came from other dolls (including the gray sneakers from the red-haired dancer!) and she's the one whose hair needed work, so you'll see her later.


She has black hair and green eyes, though her eyes are a different green than Uptown's. They're more an olive green, where Uptown's are bright.

Part of her hair is pulled back and secured by a plastic band and then that part is also secured into her main ponytail. I believe this would have been her stock hairstyle. The doll with rough hair even had a plastic band partially buried in it that would have been from the front part.


Her outfit is a long-sleeved striped shirt with two different-colored sleeves, a short denim jacket, a black skirt with striped side panels, striped socks and green boots.

The only piece of this outfit that comes from a produced doll is the pair of striped socks. That same print was the extra sock that came with Uptown. I can't find any of these other pieces anywhere. The green boots do look like Kimani's from the Prettie Girls line, but hers were yellow and did not have mismatched laces.

The boots are the only piece that's a little rough. They're a very soft rubber and a bit sticky, so I have a feeling I'll be washing dust off them periodically.

I named this doll Lyanna after Lyanna Mormont on Game of Thrones. I absolutely adore her and I'm so thrilled to have her in my collection!

I'll be back later with photos of the other two prototypes. I'm also trying to hunt down information on these girls. Maybe somebody knows what they would have been called. Lyanna's outfit doesn't tell us anything about her theme. What would it have been?

PHOTO CREDITS: Mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment