Wednesday, May 8, 2019

REVIEW: Wonder Pony Land!

Behold! Wonder Pony Land! A friend sent me a pic of this set once and then I saw it on Kohls.com a few days ago. It was on sale, so I grabbed it and it arrived today.

I've seen other sets with this same name, but this is by far the best one.

Retail on this is $21.99. I got it on sale for $18 and some change.





Those that know me can probably tell why I wanted this.

Two words: RED. PONY.

I spent far too much of my childhood waiting for MLP to make a red one. They never did.





Here are the accessories for the set: 4 small flower barrettes, 2 larger bow barrettes, a brush, a comb, some beads, and some plastic bands for hair-styling. I love the flower barrettes and I'm always thrilled to see plastic bands, as I use them to replace worn out ones.



Now on to the ponies!

You get 14 ponies in 5 different sizes!

All of them have rooted tails and poseable heads.

The two largest sizes have two fabric ribbons and the next two largest have one ribbon each. The smallest have no ribbon.




I knew this lady looked familiar. I got a tube of fakies years ago and it was made by this same company. The small one here is one of the two of them I have left.

I realize now that I forgot to take size comparisons with actual My Little Ponies.

Oh, well. My excuse is that it was early.


Size-wise, that big pink one above is bigger than MLPs. The blue one here on the right is the second-biggest size and she's similar to some G1s. Her color scheme reminds me of Hopscotch and now I kinda want Hopscotch.

Third-biggest size is similar to G3. Fourth-biggest similar to G4. The littlest ones are bigger than G4 babies. Kinda like G1 newborns.



Anyway! Some of the ponies in this set are just the same pony in different sizes.

The blue one above is one. Though the smallest one not having a painted horn helps a little.

This white one is another.



And these yellow ones are the third pair.

The hair on the tiniest ones is short and it's really cute, even though it's quite messy on a couple of them.






These two are almost exactly alike with only the symbol difference.







These two little girls have no bigger counterparts.


 









And here's one of my favorites. You never see ponies in this dark shade of blue. I love that she has star symbols, too.






And the gorgeous red one! And her neon orange little sister. I love the mushroom symbols. Gee, those look familiar...




Because the neon orange mushroom one was my favorite from my old fakie set. The old ones also have poseable heads and their symbols are on both sides, not just one like the new versions.

And that's it! I highly recommend this set if you're a collector of fakies or if you want to give the gift of a lot of ponies for not much money. They're quite good quality!

PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.

2 comments:

  1. Where can i buy the red and orange with mushroom the my little pony

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amazon has them:
      https://www.amazon.com/Gi-Go-Wonder-Unicorn-Mega-Piece/dp/B07CVSQZWK/

      Delete