Saturday, September 8, 2018

REVIEW: Shoppies Palmela Tree

I was surprised to see the new beach-themed basic Shoppies in Target tonight. I didn't know they were that close to being out when I saw the promos not that long ago.

The line is made up of three characters. Palmela is the green-haired one that I, of course, had to have. I'm a sucker for green hair. There's blonde Sandi Shores and blue-haired B'Anchor. (How do you pronounce that? Like Banker? Weird.) Palmela's the stand out, but the others are cute, too. B'Anchor is the least interesting to me because Jessicake's been doing that color scheme since the beginning. I doubt I'll get her, but Sandi may find her way here. She was cuter in person than I expected.

The case assortment, based on what I saw, is 2 Sandi, 1 B'Anchor and 1 Palmela. Maybe there were more and they got bought. Not sure.




The dolls are the same $9.99 as the previous basic line, which I think is a little high, considering the lack of fabric outfit. B'Anchor only has a towel and Sandi has nothing. Palmela's the only one with a fabric outfit piece. Each comes with one Shopkin, a stand and a comb, as well two unique accessories. Palmela has the cover-up and a pair of sunglasses. B'Anchor has the towel and a hat headband. Sandi has a hair doodad and a teeny tiny surfboard.

So yeah, they seem a bit less than the past basic line, so a $7.99 or $8.99 price tag would have been better.





Palmela is fabulous though. I truly adore green hair. Green hair, white hair and blood red or neon Kimber red hair will almost always get my money or at least tempt me.

Sandi is tempting me now, even though she's blonde. I may have to go back for her the next time I have spare money!

PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment