Saturday, September 29, 2018

REVIEW: Marvel Rising Signature Ms. Marvel

I rocked some serious birthday luck in Target tonight. I was just there two days ago checking for Marvel Rising dolls again and nothing. Tonight? I found a single case of dolls put out, despite knowing we have a few of them in the back, and it just happened to be the case I wanted most!

The signature dolls are $19.99. There was a shelf tag that said $20.99, but they rang up $19.99.

The DPCI for this case assortment (1 each of Quake, America, Ms. Marvel and Patriot) is 086-14-1663. However, this DPCI actually is the same for BOTH sig assortments, so you don't know if you've got this case or the Ghost Spider/Squirrel Girl case unless you're looking at the dolls.







The back of the box is fairly simple. I wish they'd done a blurb about their powers though.

Opening these was not fun. They're not simple like, say, Mattel's more recent boxes. There's no good way to get them open. You just have to pretend you're America and shred into them.


I thought these girls deserved a return of my old glitter backgrounds, but eh. I think the pics actually may have turned out better had I just done no background like I've been doing for my reviews.

Poor Kamala. I did you no justice.

Kamala was my must have of the day, but my mom ended up getting me two as birthday gifts so all three girls got to come home with me.







Where to begin?

The faces on these are absolutely lovely. They're very expressive and I love the detailing, particularly on the eyebrows.

The hair is...not so great. It's basic nylon, I think. It doesn't feel super cheap, but it doesn't feel that nice either. Kamala's is swirled back on one side from how she was positioned in the box. I might try to give her a conditioning treatment to help that out.



Her profile is adorable. I love that nose!

Sorry this came out blurry. I was super excited about taking these and too impatient to charge my camera battery, so I was fighting against time with each shot.









Let's see, we should probably talk outfit.

Kamala has a long-sleeved top with a nice gold lightning bolt on the front and a gold stripe on each side. The sleeves have red material on the inside that matches her pants.

The long red scarf is attached to the top. It has a gold detail, too, but only on one side.







Kamala's shoes are blue sneakers with a lot of molded detail, but only one painted detail per shoe. There's a gold lightning bolt on the outside of each shoe.

Her blue mask goes on like glasses and stays on well.

My biggest issue with her is the gold cuff. It's wide open and fits poorly over the sleeve. You can see fabric poking out the front by her hand and on the entire open part. They should have followed in Mattel's footsteps and done the cuffs like DCSG did. These girls have removable hands. It would have worked.



Speaking of hands, Kamala's power accessory is a giant right hand. She comes with it on in the box, while the regular right hand is attached to the box liner. It is not visible from the front of the box. It's behind the Marvel Rising logo at the bottom. So when you buy Kamala, make sure that regular hand is in there!

I'll go into detail about the articulation on the last review, because I took photos of the undressed girls together.

I really love Kamala. I think she's worth the $19.99, but you can tell a lot of that money went into the body. Her clothes are nice, but the hair and the cuff accessory could use improvement. Still super cute though! I'm so happy to have her.

PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment