Saturday, September 29, 2018

REVIEW: Marvel Rising Signature Quake

Okay, last review. I did not buy poor Patriot. I left him there alone on the shelf. Maybe he'll still be there when I have money again.

Again, to recap...

DPCI: 086-14-1663

Same DPCI for both signature case assortments.

Price: $19.99 even if the shelf tag says $20.99.

So time for Quake!








You guys that know me would really think she was my favorite. I mean, dark clothes, pale skin, funky short-ish hair. She looks like my type of doll, but she was only third most wanted.

She's seriously badass though. I mean, best outfit of the three hands down.








Quake is a little bit "What if Mal from the Descendants joined G.I. Joe."

I mean, tell me she doesn't look like a Cobra agent or something. That's a pretty tactical-looking outfit.

It's gorgeous. The top is faux leather with loads of printed details. The pants also have tons of detail. Her boots are stunning. The hand molds are excellent and I like how they lead into the cuffs, even if the cuffs have the same problem as Kamala's. (They're slit so the fabric pokes through.)



Her animated design has a regular belt and a thigh belt. I don't think they're connected, but it was wise of Hasbro to do that so the thigh belt can exist without falling off all the time.

The belt does have a part where it unhooks, so this thing is easy to take off and put on.

All of their outfits are actually easy to take off and put back on. The hands pop off, although America's fit easily through her sleeves when I put her top back on over them.












She really is giving me Baroness vibes. Ha.

It's the very sleek design, I think.

Sleek. Full-coverage. Dangerous.








My photos do not do those boots justice either. They're amazing. I'll have to shoot them again.

Quake has the best hair of the three I have. It lays nicely and I love the colors.


 








Quake's power accessory is this awesome burst. You take off her hand to slide it on, then put the hand back. It looks really cool!


And now we can finally look at the bodies.

According to Hasbro, there are 15 points of articulation.

Neck, shoulders, hips, elbows, wrists, thighs, knees.

That's 13. But the knees have two joints, so I guess they're counting that to make 15.

The knees are pretty cool though.



As you can see, each one of the girls has a different body type.

And a different butt!

Quake does not sit very well. She leans back a lot, whereas America and Kamala sit fine.

Quake has a slight high-heel arch to her foot, while Kamala and America are flat. Those two stand on their own a lot more easily than Quake, although she can do it, too. It's just not very stable.

So I did not do any size comparisons with other dolls or clothing try-ons or anything like that. I'm going to let you guys tell me what you want to know. I mean, I can say right now these girls aren't going to have great shoe options. They're also pretty good-sized, so clothes-sharing is going to be limited, but please ask away! I'd be happy to try stuff on them or take body pics next to Barbies or something. I bet America could fit some of the curvy Barbie clothes.

PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the Body comparison I hadn’t realized that they were actually different sizes and shapes, save for Squirrel Girl anyway.

    You may want to check out shopDisney.com. They’ve added a bunch of new dolls in the past day or so for Ralph Breaks The Internet and Descendants 2.

    I’m so excited that they are giving us what we’ve been asking for.... more Mal and Uma (even less detailed this time) and another Mal and Ben Cotillion set! Yay! If you got the first Mal and Ben cotillon set and the Toy R Us Evil and Mal cotillion set, well you can get them again! In identical versions!

    Harry, Gil, Doug, R.O.A.R. Lonnie or anyone, well who wants them? It’s not like stores are still clogged with unsold Mals and Bens while new Characters Uma and Dizzy prove elusive or downright rare or anything.

    Seriously, I think I have to be done with this line now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Huh, so they added the Marvel Rising dolls to Disney. Patriot's sold out, so I can't get him. He's the ONLY one that's sold out. I want the Secret ID Squirrel Girl, not the basic, so she's useless to me. And I want the sig Ghost Spider, not the Secret ID. Sigh. Thanks, Disney. I don't really want to pay their shipping anyway.

      I do like the Yesss doll from Ralph. May get her someday.

      Delete
  2. Sorry that went a bit pissy lol

    I’m just tired of Hasbro doing these lines like they are 1990s action figures = all main character over and over again and nearly no others. They have to have noticed for the first year or so Uma was selling out constantly. Dizzy is almost impossible to find and sells out online. What do they have in common? If they even varied the expressions it would be something.

    For a long time Whenever I googled Disney descendants Doug one of the top results would be Disney Descendants Doug doll, so clearly a lot of people were looking for that for quite a while.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Uma's not rare here, but she was scarcer at the beginning of the release. Dizzy I think I've seen once, but not since TRU closed.

      They do need to sort themselves out. I liked the Wicked World dolls when the outfits and hair were at least different. And I adore sig Mal and ballgown Mal from D2. And ballgown Uma. (Sig Uma's eh.) And Carlos with hair. But they need to drop the gimmicky dolls and the slight variations every time Mal needs to be in a 2-pack with either Ben or Evie.

      I think it's appalling that Lonnie still only has 2 dolls, especially after watching D2. She was kinda important. She and Jay from the 4-pack should have come together. And poor Jane deserved a better 2-pack doll than she got.

      Doug needs a doll, though I'd rather have Harry first.

      But yeah, I knew at first glance, I'd be ignoring these Under the Sea dolls. The 10-minute "special" was not very special at all.

      Delete
  3. Lonnie hasn’t had doll since 2015! That kind of jumped out me earlier. The headband on Cotillion Jane irks me quite a bit since it’s going to disintegrate just like all the old rubber bands in old Barbie hairdos and the clear straps on my Paris Romance Anastasia dolls. A molded vinyl doodad, a ribbon.....anything would have been a better choice.

    I don’t see why we couldn’t have gotten a Harry in the refresh with Dizzy.

    If they just HAD to do two packs..... Evie and Doug would have sold a lot better than that Evie and Mal set.

    Ah whatever, I’m giving up trying to understand Hasbro think on this line.

    On a different note Target is re-setting with a Marvel Rising endcap. They had a Squirrel Girl and a Ghost Spider and no other dolls except two pegs worth of the training line.

    I’m sure if you go back to yours in a day or so you’ll find your SG.

    She has nice Saran (I think) hair and I like the thick body type. The one they had was slightly cross eyed though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Target's resetting the endcap next week, according to the employee Mom spoke to yesterday. We'll try again in a couple days just in case they do it early.

      Delete