Wednesday, October 3, 2018

RANKING: Descendants

I went to bed early and apparently my body decided it was taking a nap instead of normal sleep, so here I am, up three hours later and bored. That means it's time for a ranking!

Even though Descendants isn't over yet, I decided to tackle it. These aren't the best pics, as I don't have individual ones for all my dolls, but I'm not motivated enough to shoot the ones I'm missing, so some of these are group shots.

As usual, my rankings go from least fave to fave.

Last place was a no brainer: Royal Fashions Mal and her worst hair of the entire line. Add boring outfits on top of that and you've got a dud. I mean, the doll's best feature is that her blue outfit looks great on Ally.



Jane from the Cotillion 2-pack.

I love Jane. She's always adorable on-screen and she's a cute character. None of her dolls have ever really done her justice and this one is the biggest yawn of all.

She's just boring. The hair is boring and held back with a cheap rubberband instead of something cute.

The dress is boring and reminiscent of her original Coronation gown. I don't even have that doll, but she'd rank higher than this one.







Original 2-pack Mal.

Not bad, just a bit of a yawn.




This giant picture represents Signature Audrey, who somehow never got an individual photo.

Bad hair, as a lot of the longer-haired early dolls had. Headband that never stays on. Hated her character in the first movie.

Cute shoes though. Points for those.









Ben is literally only higher than Audrey because I like his character better.






Signature Jordan.

I like Jordan as a character, but her dolls never translated her webisode prettiness.

This outfit really did not translate well into real life.






Original 2-pack Evie.

AKA: I really only have you because I wanted Carlos.

The original Evies had such bad hair!

She's only this high because of the outfit.







Signature Jay never got an individual photo.

Poor Jay just never really translated well to doll form for me. He's cute, but not as cute as he should be. His outfit here isn't one of his better ones.









Basic Mal may be basic, but I really like this outfit, so she made it this far.






Maleficent.

While I thought it was really cool that they made her, she's lack something Maleficent really needs: malice. She's not threatening or even a teeny bit intimidating.

Granted, Maleficent in Descendants was exactly like this, which is why I never liked their choice of actress. Too much goofy, too little threat.

So she's movie accurate. She's just not Maleficent to me.





Signature Uma.

I'm still mystified by how you take an actress as gorgeous as China and turn her into this unattractive doll.

It's the eyes. They're not nearly pretty enough.

Add to that the lazy attempt at Uma's hair and you've got a low-ranking doll.






I adore Freddie, but Neon Lights Ball was her low point. I like the rest of the dolls in the line a lot better.

This doll starts out great, but she just kinda falls apart from the waist down. The skirt's blobby and the shoes feel too chunky for all that bare leg. They would have been cute with pants, but not a short skirt.





Genic Chic Mal.

Absolutely nothing wrong with this doll, but it's weak compared to the rest of the line and to other Mals.

Ponytails really don't suit her.








Coronation Evie.

A gorgeous doll, but held back by bad hair and the existence of so many better Evies.







These dolls represent the outfits, as those are the only bits I own, but the outfits are so cool that they earned a spot this high.




Ah, sig Jane and her terrible hair.

I really don't know what Hasbro was thinking with the hair quality on these early dolls.

I've always liked this Jane outfit.






Genic Chic Freddie.

I like this doll a lot, but I think my problem with Freddie is that I love her sig so much, it makes the others suffer in comparison.







Descendants 2 signature Ben.

It's Ben's cutest doll, I think. 







Original signature Evie.

I love all the patterns on this outfit! It was one of her better ones.

She's held back by her bad hair though.








Neon Lights Ball Ally.

I adore Ally's dolls, but this is the weakest of the three.

She's still great though. Love the skirt part of this dress.









Original signature Mal.

An excellent doll, but the competition is getting stiff.







Genie Chic Evie.

I love this Evie with good hair and lighter lips. She's so cute!

The outfit is excellent, too.





Genie Chic Audrey never got her own photo, so this is representing her.

She edged out Evie only by a hair and that's because this doll is just really adorable.

I liked Audrey a lot better in Wicked World.







Neon Lights Ball Jordan.

Far more attractive than her signature doll. Jordan has the most understated NLB look and it works for her.






Jewelbilee Evie.

My favorite Evie hands down.

I haven't bought one since, because none of them are as good as she is.





Neon Lights Ball Jane.

Best NLB doll.

Best Jane.

Crazy 80s outfit? Perfect.






Cotillion Uma captures Uma's look so much better than her sig! She's actually pretty here! And they tried harder with her hair!

Lovely dress, great jewelry.

She's a solid doll.








Jewelbilee Ally.

I really wish they'd done more of this line. All the Jewelbilee dolls are stunning.





Cotillion Carlos.

Ah, Carlos with hair. I fixed it after this so it looks better. I still prefer his molded hair, but this is cute, too.

Carlos will always be my fave.










Signature Dizzy.

While I still wish she was shorter than the other dolls by a significant amount, she's still so utterly adorable.








Jewelbilee Mal.

I love this doll so much! Best of the pre-bangs Mals by a long shot.





CJ is possibly the most beautiful doll in the entire line. Her face is just gorgeous.

Her outfit is really nice and it's great to see some browns in this line.

She's this low mostly because I've never cared for her character much. She's all right, but a lot of the others are better. And she's low because she was a complete pain in the ass to get!






Signature Ally. Quirky, goofy Ally. I wish they'd put her in the movies.

I love Ally's dolls with their pointy little faces. I think Jewelbilee is actually the prettiest, but Ally's character is best captured by her sig with all of its fab details.





I don't even know how I do not have a better photo of signature Lonnie than this.

I mean, I've got the shelf shots, but I needed them for Jay and Audrey.

Lonnie's two dolls are STUNNING. I'm still mad she doesn't have more.








Signature Freddie. Like Ally, I wish Freddie was in the movies. not some dumb kid no one knows.

Freddie is my favorite from Wicked World. She's fun, her outfit is great, love her hair, wish they'd done a lot more with her. 







Yay, bangs Mal! A lot of people complained about her getting bangs, but I love them.

Super cute doll. Great outfit.





Coronation Lonnie.

I think this is the prettiest doll from head to toe. CJ's got the beautiful face, but this Lonnie is the entire package.

Lonnie was even the only one with consistently good hair from the original line.

Yet she never got another doll. Thanks, Hasbro.







I ADORE this Cotillion Mal doll. Every single detail, I just love her. The hair is perfect. The dress design and the colors. The faux burnt edges.

There was only one who could take the top spot from her.








I'll never love a Descendants doll more than signature Carlos.

He was my favorite from the first book and he's kept on being favorite since.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete