Tuesday, October 9, 2018

REVIEW: Boxy Girls Big Box




I found the Boxy Girls Big Box at Walmart while doing a supply run today. This box costs $29.94 and contains 2 dolls and a load of surprises.

The outer box is super cute and I kept it to keep my Boxy Girls stuff in.





Inside are two smaller boxes.







Each contains a doll, who's in an odd sitting pose. She's held down by two plastic tabs. One goes across her calves, which you can see. The other is across her waist and that one was much harder to cut.

The doll is wearing a simple cheap cloth piece with a spot of velcro on it. It looks like a towel wrapped around her coming out of the bath or shower.









The other tray in the box contains 3 big boxes and 10 smaller ones.






The brunette doll is named Everly. She's pretty cute, but I'm not sure why they did a second green-eyed brunette. She's different from Brooklyn, but not that different. Why not do a redhead or give this girl brown or blue eyes?

Her hair is pulled back in a little ponytail and she's got face-framing bangs.



I started opening boxes and I was surprised how many of them were the same things I already owned.

Black boots, Willa's brown shoes, headphones, sunglasses, hairclip, blue necklace and bracelet, charm bracelet, green earrings, hoop earrings and lipstick.

Why didn't they do recolors? That's just not smart.





Everly's dress is super cute. I do love that and it's new.

However, notice something about her?

She has TWO RIGHT HANDS.

These dolls are blind-packed so you can't check for stuff like this. I wrote the company a complaint about it. $30 and a defective doll? Nope.






Aside from the dress, these are her new pieces.

I love the fries purse and the disco ball purse. The shoes are cute. The tiara I don't care about, but kids would like it probably.







I hoped I'd have better luck with Stevie, this lavender-haired beauty.

She has really nice hair, although I'll  likely give her a condition at some point to get the box ponytail kinks out of it.

At least she has proper hands.







I adore gray eyes and you do not see them nearly enough in dolls!

Stevie's my new second fave after Riley.




Stevie had repeat pieces, too.

Riley's headphones with cat ears, the green present purse, the shell purse, silver sneakers, gold bracelet, star earrings, tassel earrings and feather earrings.



But she came with more new pieces than Everly did.

The strappy gold sandals are lovely and I adore the strawberry and cherry earrings. The tiny cassette tape purse is cute. Even the brush is cute. The red shoes with gold "bows" are also adorable and then you realize those aren't bows, but farfalle (AKA: bow tie) pasta!




Why farfalle? Because the outfit she came with is totally food-themed. I decided it was too much for Stevie, who seems a bit more elegant, and put this goofy thing on Everly.

It's a pizza skirt, a white tank with a smiling soda cup on it and the farfalle shoes. I added the hoop earrings and fries purse.

The pizza skirt is twisted sideways to give it an asymmetrical look, mostly because if you leave it on correctly, it sticks up so much you can see her panties.








Riley claimed the cherry earrings. They suit her perfectly!









Brooklyn got Everly's dress and the strawberry earrings.









Willa modeled the new aqua shoes. I put her back in her brown ones though.

These are cute, but the brown are better.








I gave Stevie this dress I already had, the gold shoes she came with, the charm bracelet (turned into a necklace), and the disco ball purse.










And then I added the cassette tape purse, too, because both are so cute!





Here's a pic of Brooklyn and Everly together.

You can see they have different-colored green eyes and different makeup.

I actually think Everly's the cuter one.

So is the $30 box worth it? If you're a big Boxy Girls fan, I think it's worth it. I really love my Stevie doll and Everly's nice, too. I would have bought them both if they'd been sold separately, which would have also cost $30. I do wish they'd come with more clothing pieces and less repeats of stuff I already owned. And I really wish Everly wasn't defective! I hope the company can send me a left hand for her or something.

PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.




2 comments:

  1. My first thought when I saw that awkward sitting pose is "She's pooping" 😨 I need to get my mind out of the gutter! Or rather, I need to get it out of the toilet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! No, I totally thought the same thing.

      Delete