Sunday, October 28, 2018

REVIEW: Battat Glitter Girls V1 Poppy and Sarinia

 Kani got two new friends today!

Poppy (redhead) and Sarinia (brunette) were part of the original Glitter Girls line up.

These girls have completely different heads and their limbs are not poseable.

I found them at Marshall's. I wish they'd had more! Sarinia was on clearance for $10, while Poppy was full price at $14.99. Had the store been less busy, I might have asked why they both weren't clearanced, but I didn't want to hold up the line.




Poppy is really cute. She's got a bit of young Sansa from Game of Thrones going on. The hair on these girls is thick and silky.

Poppy's wearing a pale blue tunic with some weird peach fringe on the sleeves. She's got white stretch pants like all my girls do, amusingly. And her sneakers are glittery on the blue part.

Poppy's possibly the only girl that I think is cuter with this earlier face. The newer version of her with round eyes isn't as flattering, I don't think, because her eyes are so light and they look odd.





Poppy's hair is pulled back a little and I'm leaving it that way.

It's pretty shade of red and gently wavy.

I'm glad she was still at the store. It's right across the street and when we went there earlier this week, they had one of her and two Sarinia. One of the Sarinias was sold, so I had fears they'd taken Poppy, too, but she was still there.




Sarinia has long dark brown hair that's thick and wild. It gets in her face a lot, so I kept having to scoot it away from her eyes.

The right side of her hair was originally pulled back with a glittery pink bow, but these dolls aren't packaged with any protection. They're just on a cardboard liner in a cardboard box with no plastic over the doll herself. So they tend to get a little messy. Or at least Sarinia did. The pulled back side of her hair was messed up and I ended up removing the bow. It's on a teeny tiny plastic band and there's no way I'm going to be able to restyle it into her hair without messing it up. So it's staying off.

The hem of her shirt likes to curl up, too, and I had to trim some of the lining to make it lie a little better.





Sarinia wears a white tunic with pink stripes that's gathered at the waist. Then she's got white stretch pants and the cutest magenta glitter boots. Love the boots! The rest of her outfit is just okay compared to a lot of the other girls', but those boots make up for it a bit.

If you like these girls, check your Marshall's. Possibly TJ Maxx and Home Goods, since they're all linked, but I've only heard Marshall's so far. I don't think the newer-faced dolls would be there, but the older ones definitely might.

PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment