Wednesday, October 3, 2018

REVIEW: Marvel Rising Signature Patriot

Woohoo! More reviews! I've been itching to get more of these dolls since I watched the movie on Sunday night. My mom stopped in Target last night and was told an endcap was being done for them next week. Then my friend texted today and said they were out! Mom was already at work, so I sent her a text and she stopped by after and picked me up three more dolls.

The only character I'm missing is Inferno. Has anyone even found him yet?

Patriot was a surprise, because I had thought he sold, but now I'm thinking a worker stuck him in the back or something after I bought my other dolls on Saturday.



None of the girls from this sig case were there, so it seems more likely to me that this is the Patriot from my case, not that someone bought just those 3 dolls from a new case. Doesn't really matter, but I think it's more likely anyway.

Patriot's the stick-in-the-mud character that needs to loosen up. I like him regardless. His dynamic with Squirrel Girl was cute.

Although I would like to know everyone's ages. It's really unclear. Kamala's still in high school. Doreen probably is, too. Quake and Patriot seem older. America's not human, so I'm not sure how she ages.





Anyway, PATRIOT!

He's a handsome lad.

I think they missed an opportunity to give him interchangeable heads though. He would have looked cool with one head like the doll's and another with the rest of his uniform on.








The shield is a little difficult to get on. It stays on nicely and doesn't slide around once it's in place, but you've got to force it on a bit.










For some reason, the right hand in the fist feels a little out of proportion to me. I dunno. It just looks a bit smaller than the open left hand.

Both his hands come off just like the girls' do, but be careful, because mine definitely come off way easier than any of the female hands.




It just looks like a onesie from the back. Ha.

A little detail would have been nice.

Patriot's a nice addition to my admittedly small male doll collection. I think he's my first human (i.e. not Monster High) African-American male doll that isn't Dylan from Bratz. My female dolls are very diverse, but my male dolls aren't, mostly because I've never bought a lot of Ken dolls and that's where the best male doll diversity is in a line that's affordable. I hope to see more diverse boys in this line!

PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment