Wednesday, October 3, 2018

REVIEW: Marvel Rising Signature Ghost Spider




Ghost Spider finally appeared at Target, too.

Admittedly, she's not one I was wanting as much as the other girls. I like all of them better than her. I still like all of them better than her. But that doesn't mean she's not a neat doll.

I have no interest in the Secret Identity dolls with their lack of articulation for $24.99. I opted to go with this one and if they ever put the Secret IDs on clearance, then Gwen can have her rockstar outfit.







I believe Ghost Spider and Squirrel Girl come two per case in their assortment. Honestly a bit surprised they didn't go with Kamala and Squirrel Girl in the same case, because Kamala was decidedly the main character of Sunday's movie. Ghost Spider wasn't even in it, though she's slated for the second special.




The mask is really, really cool-looking. It's on an elastic strap, so it's easy to put on. There are three big problems though. First, her hair sticks out the back of the hood. Second, the outside of the hood is not white. It's just the inside-out of the webbed material. It looks really stupid. Third, the hood doesn't like to stay down over the mask like it should be in the art.

I wish they'd opted for interchangeable heads. There's really no reason she and Patriot couldn't have had them.





Without her mask, Gwen looks a bit washed out. I think the lip color is a little too light for her.

Her hair is pretty nice and I like the pink layer.



See what I mean about the hood? It doesn't look right.

Of all the dolls, I think she has the weakest outfit because this hood mess is just bad.

I do like her. I always love the web-shooting gesture so that hand is really cute. Her boots are awesome. Her costume is awesome except for the hood. She's just got some stiff competition.

PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.


No comments:

Post a Comment