Wednesday, October 24, 2018

REVIEW: Battat Glitter Girls Kani

Hey, hey, it's me! I made it through the hurricane, although my mom and I have been displaced now as our entire complex will be condemned. We're currently in a motel in North Carolina and will be looking into apartments soon.

If you want to see pics from the aftermath, check out my Flickr:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/venivididolli/

I thought it would restore some normalcy to do a doll review. I ordered this Glitter Girls Kani by Battat from Amazon shortly before the storm. She was in Tuesday's mail the day before the hurricane hit, but the carriers didn't deliver packages that day. However, I did get my 3 things from that mail delivery a week later. Nothing else has come in though, because the whole area is short of mail employees right now. I put in a change of address, so hopefully my other packages are forwarded to me soon.



Anyway, let's look at Kani. She's part of the second incarnation of Glitter Girls. They're 14" dolls made by Battat. The first version had 6 different characters. The newer versions have different faces with these larger round eyes, and their arms and legs are bendable. The original 6 girls were rereleased with the same clothing but the new faces and bodies, and then 6 additional characters were added. Kani was one of them.

The original 6 girls are available on Amazon for $19.99 each, while the 12 newer ones with poseable limbs are $20.95. There are also loads of outfits and accessories for either $9.95 or $12.95.




Kani can sit, but not with her legs straight out. She looks better standing.

Her hair is silky and nice, although she's got the bangs problem a lot of dolls with these bangs have. They like to stick out more than lie flat. I use her headband to hold them flatter to her forehead. I may wet them and then use the headband to flatten them and hope they dry that way, but I haven't done that yet.

I like Kani's big brown eyes. She's really cute. I think she's supposed to be the Asian Glitter Girl.







Kani can bend her arms and legs, as well as them having the typical shoulder and hip joints. It's not the prettiest bend. It reminds me of the old Winx Club Mattel dolls and their bendy limbs. But it's still kind of neat to have a bigger doll like this with this poseability.









Kani also has something I've never seen before. She's got a fabric laundry tag sticking out of her plastic torso. It's really weird!

Unfortunately, my Hearts For Hearts Girls are all packed in storage, except for Mosi, who's buried at the bottom of the small plastic bin of favorite dolls I brought with me. So I can't do any body comparisons, but I think others have.




Kani's outfit is nicely made. Her shirt is a neat material and I like that it's not velcro across the back. It opens with a cute zipper with a heart-shaped pull. Her pants are a cute print, too. The thing I like least is the glitter-encrusted shoes. They're cute, but a lot of the other shoes in this line are cuter.

The wild print and bold colors make me think of this as an outfit a young Claudia Kishi might wear.

I really like Kani and I want more of these, but I can't order anything online until I get my own address back again. I'm hoping the Target across the street that I'm going to tomorrow has some. Then maybe I'll bring another girl or two home! I can't buy a lot right now until I have income again, but I'm allowing myself a couple small purchases to reward myself for keeping it together through all of this.

PHOTO CREDITS: Mine. Shot in the motel! Lovely decor. Ha!

5 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear you guys are ok! That sucks, though. Hopefully you can find an apartment soon and things can get back to normal. <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this doll is pretty. Hope you have recovered by now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We're still settling into our new place after moving last month, but we should be clearing out the storage unit soon, so that's a big step forward.

      Delete
  3. Could you be so kind and answer- her joints with metal something inside-are this metal can be broken? During the playing? Or not?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure exactly what makes them bendable, but I've never heard of them breaking. They seem quite durable.

      Delete