Thursday, September 27, 2018

REVIEW: Shoppies Sia Shell

I was disappointed to once again find no Marvel Rising dolls at Target. There's no way I'll get one for my birthday now.

But I did get Sia Shells!

$14.99 like Tia Tigerlily.

I think Sia's going to be the popular one of the two, even though I prefer Tia.

Mermaid theme, stereotypically girly colors. She's going to be harder to find than Tia.










Sia's art is super gorgeous! I'm torn between wishing her hair looked like that and liking the way it is. The art shows the colors better than the real hair, but I love the real hair's multiple twists.










Here she is. She's very pretty and continues the trend of better Shoppies designs. I've really loved everything lately, barring the first girls in this locket line. I just did not care  for them! But Tia and Sia are amazing, the beach basics, the basic line before that. I love all those.


Pretty hair twists!

My only complaint about her is that headband! They had it attached to her head with two giant plastic bands, and the end of one was so long it could have been twisted all the way down one of her twisty locks.

I removed it completely, then cut one of the bands I double-knotted one end around one of the headband loops, then kept an inch and a half or so of the band and cut the rest off, then tied the other end. The headband is too loose to stay on without being tied there, so this works and it doesn't look like a sloppy mess.

I mean, really though, if you're going for this style of headband, just do a full loop so it stays on. This isn't rocket science.





Here's mini Sia with her locket, its necklace and her little paper thingy.

I love the design of her locket. so pretty! Almost as good as Tia's.



The inside beats Tia's though. I love the tippy surfboard she can "ride" and the adorable surf shop door. The only tiny gripe I have is that she has to be in just the right spot for the locket to close, thanks to the positioning of the surfboard, so that may make it easier for kids to lose her, if they don't shut the locket right.

Overall, I really love Sia. I think she's a great addition to the line. I have her, Tia, Palmela and Sandi standing together on my coffee table and they just go together perfectly!

PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Lori

    Not related to Shopkins but I found some of the Marvel Rising dolls today at Target.

    I’d offer to pick you up one but I have literally zero dollars in my account until next week.

    They are $24.99 Each. I really like their faces they remind me of the Get Real Girls dolls but their wrists and elbows are NOT articulated at all. The clothes are Descendants style = printed.

    I can’t get Flickr to post the pictures but I made a post on my Facebook which I’ll link you to if you want to check them out. Sorry the Internet is not my forte.

    I think you’ll really like Quake.


    https://m.facebook.com/charles.colber.3/posts/pcb.2438964669462200/?photo_id=2438964609462206&mds=%2Fphotos%2Fviewer%2F%3Fphotoset_token%3Dpcb.2438964669462200%26photo%3D2438964609462206%26profileid%3D100000460736349%26source%3D48%26refid%3D7%26__tn__%3DEH-R%26cached_data%3Dfalse%26ftid%3D&mdf=1

    ReplyDelete
  2. Balls, if you want I can send them in an email or something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I assume they're the Secret Identity ones? I'm honestly not sure if I want those except for Squirrel Girl. I don't like the higher price but less articulation. SG at least is properly articulated like the Signature dolls. I think I'm going to aim for the sigs first. Or the training dolls, because at least America and Ms. Marvel are there. I just wish my store had put them out. Really wanted some for my birthday!

      Delete
  3. Yeah there in the secret identity ones and weirdly unless both targets I saw them at had the exact same taken and left the case assortment seems to be to Spider Gwen and one Quake.

    I found the signature Dolls and the basic Dolls today at my local target and so far they had signature Quake, signature Miss Marvel, signature Miss America and signature Patriot.
    The basics they had were the three females above.

    I’ve gone off America a bit though I still want to get the sig doll. Her eyes are really big and very detailed but weirdly so. The Sclera? In the corners of her eyes are really big and pink and her Irises are reddish tinged. She kind of looks like a villain character. All versions of each character have the same screening. The eyes are really detailed and remind me of some of the Jakks G.I.R.L. Force dolls.

    The Patriot was the weakest for me as he lacks the square jaw look of the illustrations and is just lightly smiling and just kind of looks like a generic Skipper boyfriend to me. I didn’t find out how much the basics were but I think anything more than $9.99 is pushing it since they are non articulated and a large amount of the clothing is molded on. But I suspect they’re going to be the same 14.99 that the Descendants basics are. For me that’s Just too high.

    I would have liked to see more variety of expression but it looks like Hasbro is following the Descendants model with these.

    I’ll post these to my Facebook so you can check them out if you want.

    I know what you mean about the birthday unfinding though. My birthday was Thursday and I did find them but had no money to get one 😪😬

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I apparently got some birthday luck, because I stopped in Target after work and they had one single case out. The one I wanted most. So I'll have a few reviews coming shortly.

      Delete