Saturday, September 29, 2018

REVIEW: Marvel Rising Signature America

Quick recap from Kamala's review, in case you missed it.

DPCI: 086-14-1663

This number applies to both signature case assortments though.

Price: $19.99, even if the shelf tag says $20.99.

Okay, so...America!

This was the other character I really wanted along with Kamala.


Honestly, I know very little about any of these characters. I read a lot of X-Men 'verse stuff back in the 90s and that's the extent of my Marvel knowledge, aside from the X-Men cartoons and all the movie stuff. But reading up on them, I knew I wanted Kamala and America most, because they're fantastic representation. And lovely designs!





Shooting America is really when I should have stopped and realized the backgrounds were not working, because she's taller and that makes angling to get the background always behind her head more difficult.

Just bear with me with all these pics.









This girl's face. You just know she's a badass.

America's power accessory is a punching effect that clips around her wrist. America Chavez: she'll make you see stars.

Her hair is pretty decent. It's not super soft and nice like the curly-haired Hairdorables, but it's not awful either. It looks better than it feels. She may be off to the conditioning salon with Kamala later.




Clothing-wise, people might gripe about this girl. She has the perma-stockings people hate. I personally don't care about them. She also has fake layers. Her top is all one piece, not a vest over a hoodie.

For $19.99, this thing really should have been a vest over a hoodie though, especially if they weren't even giving her leggings.

Maybe it's because her body uses more plastic to make than the other girls? Hmm.






From the side. She has the same paint the shoe detail on the outside but not on the inside skimp as Kamala did.

She's still cool though. I'm really just nitpicking because this is a review and that's what I'm supposed to do.




And from the back.

Yeah, her hood really is that long. I guess that's where all the material that should have gone into making her vest and hoodie separate went.

I did not even try to put the hood up. I know it would look ridiculous with all that hair crammed in there.

That is it for America.

Again, body comparison will be in the last review. Which is the next one.

PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.

12 comments:

  1. I love her but she has a case of that weird box hair where it seems like they quickly curled it and shoved it in. It's very messy and def required some brushing to make it look good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, definitely not the best hair used for this line. I gave her a nice conditioning, but it still just does what it wants.

      Delete
    2. Also, love the Esther icon! She's my fave.

      Delete
    3. I'm not sure what hair fiber it is, but it feels...ok. Not great, but not horrible either. It's acceptable. Also, yayyyy someone recognized my icon! I love Giant Days and really feel like not enough people read it. (And good taste-Esther is the best!)

      Delete
    4. Oh, just noticed you said pretty much the same thing about her hair in your review. Whoops! Lol

      Delete
    5. Giant Days has to be one of my fave comics ever. I adore it!

      Delete
    6. I remember seeing the first trade and thinking it was some edgy indie comic. I was very wrong, and I was very pleasantly surprised. It's British humor at its finest and I LOVE IT! Now I just need to catch up on it...

      Delete
    7. I used to only read the trades, but then I got impatient and caught up for free online. I need to read the newest issue and finish the novel.

      Delete
    8. Sorry for a super late reply, but THERE'S A NOVEL??? This is news to me!!

      Delete
    9. Yup! It's set during the first school year.

      https://www.amazon.com/Giant-Days-Non-Pratt/dp/1419731262/

      Delete
    10. Ugh. Meant to send that last comment as a reply. Sorry!

      Delete
  2. Yassss!! This is something I never knew I needed :O

    ReplyDelete