Tuesday, May 4, 2021

REVIEW: Ruby Red Fashion Friends Siblies Kelsey & Sydney



My first Siblies finally arrived today! 

I tried out two of these younger siblings of the Ruby Red Fashion Friends characters. Sara, the blonde Fashion Friend, has two siblings: Rory (a boy) and Callie. Then Bella, the redhead, has Bailey. 

The two I was drawn to were Kelsey here, who is Kayla's little sis. 





And Sydney, who's Hanna's younger sister. 



The Siblies are 12" tall and made of the same high quality materials as the larger Fashion Friends. They cost about $70 each. 







The first thing Kelsey is going to do is ditch this fanny pack. Ick. Why are these things making a comeback?








Kelsey is my favorite Siblie hands down. Best hair, best outfit. 





She's much cuter in person than how she's photographing here. 




The outfit. 







The body. 








I like that this could be a casual summer look or PJs. 







Then we've got Sydney, who's a dancer. 






The headband is cute but...






...she's much cuter without it. 


Sydney has an unusual skintone which causes the definition of her facial features to be almost lost in the translucency of her skin. She's different-looking, but I do love her. 




The outfit though. Yeah, I don't love this. She's got lovely dark hair with bold red streaks and then her outfit is a bunch of pastels? Can't she like dance wearing red or other bolder colors? 





It's not bad stripped down to basics, but it still just doesn't go with her hair. 

I would consider getting her a custom outfit, since people are already making loads, but then her shoes are still pink. I'm going to wait for Ruby Red to make these girls some clothes. 





Here's the size difference with big sis Hanna on the left and Sydney on the right. You can also see how much more detail the larger dolls have in their faces. 




So I like these two a lot, but they're not something I'm going to buy a ton of. I'm picky on the big ones and I'll be picky on these, too. Although I'm looking forward to siblings for Maya, Lila (though Sydney reminds me of her a bit) and Stella. One for Charlotte would be nice, too!



PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment