Wednesday, May 12, 2021

NEBULOUS STARS


I recently discovered a lovely product line called Nebulous Stars. These ladies are mostly featured on a line of craft products for kids, but there are also adorable plush of the pets and they just released a 14" doll of one of the characters. I'm hoping to get my hands on some of these products to review, but it's not easy, because there is no solid source in the US. I've found a couple places in Canada, but one won't ship here and I only just emailed the other. They do seem to ship to the US, so I might be able to get some plushies, but they don't have the doll yet. 

Let's take a look at the characters. This is some incredibly beautiful art! 











The art is so pretty that I'm stepping away from my usual picture off to the left, then to right format and going with putting each one as large as possible and then writing beneath it. 

So this is Nebulia. On the website, each girl has a page that tells different things about her. They all live in the same place but vastly different regions. There's a map on the site in the Nebulous World section. Nebulia appears to live in the Space Sky. Her pet is a pink flying cat named Stella. 

The Stars seem to be about positive affirmations, creativity, and healthy ways of living for body and mind, so each of them has helpful hints on their page.


Eclipsia is my favorite, which is so not surprising. 

I'm not sure what to call her home, because she's kind of stuck off to the left with no place name by her name.

Her pet is an adorable gray owl called Louna. 

Her tip for the Body section? Sleep. Yeah, I'm with you, Eclipsia.

I like her answers for everything. 


Marinia is one of two marine characters. Her home is the Deep Sea, which is also near the Night Lagoon. That sounds cool.

She has my favorite of the pets: a tony octopus named Octavia. I really want her plush. And her stretching tips are adorable! 



Here's another image of Marinia from the official Facebook page.


Then we've got Coralia in the nearby Rainbow Reef. Her eyes are amazing!

Her pet is Lyria the crab. So cute!


Then we've got the flower girl. This is Petulia, who lives in the Blooming Gardens. 

I'm not exactly sure what Paloma is supposed to be, but she's cute.


Hazelia is the second plant one with a home in the Enchanted Forest. She's the trees to Petulia's flowers, I think.

Elana seems to be an antlered squirrel. 

I like that she's a wood carver. 


Then we've got two ice girls. Isadora is from Iceland. (Not that Iceland.) She's less ice and more the colors of the aurora.  

Aura is a really cute pet that's definitely a composite creature.

Ah, she's a writer. Hello, second favorite. And her body tip is dancing. Yep, second fave. She and Eclipsia must be friends.


Iceana is the more obviously ice-themed one. She lives in the Sapphire Mountain right beside Isadora's Iceland. 

Blizzia is an ice peacock. Now that's cool. 

Those are the girls from the website, but a new one was just introduced on both Instagram and Facebook. She's gorgeous!



Orelia and...Lumina. Definitely cannot escape that  name lately and I don't want to either! 

She's got a lot of insects in her design. Nice.

And Lumina is just darling. 







So there are tons of craft projects, stationery supplies and other things like that for these girls. Then a few of the pets have gotten plushies. Octavia is the cutest and there's also Lyria, Louna, Elana, Blizzia and Stella. Blizzia looks more like an owl with a peacock tail and Elana is way more deerlike than her art, but they're all still cute. I want Octavia, Lyria and Louna the most. 

Nebulia does have a 15" doll with some pretty amazing details. I'm hoping to get one, so I won't say more about her, although I don't think the size was the wisest choice. If a big name company had paired with Nebulous Stars and produced dolls the same scale and articulation as Rainbow High but with the level of detail the Stars' art has, they'd blow all the other lines out of the water. With a smaller company making them and with the odd size and lack of availability, I'm hoping we see more characters, but I'm not suuuuuper hopeful if you know what I mean. They'd be so amazing if done right though. Sigh!

Hopefully I will have more on this line soon!

PHOTO CREDITS: Official website and official Facebook page.

1 comment:

  1. Dang, that's some gorgeous artwork. I'm holding off all thoughts on the doll in the hopes you get one and then I can ponder further. As it is, I agree that the size is an unusual choice. I'd move heaven/earth to try and track down a smaller doll, I think, but the larger size I'd have to be sure of first.

    "Not that Iceland" cracked me up.

    ReplyDelete