Monday, May 17, 2021

REVIEW: Ruby Red Fashion Friends I Believe I Can Fly Lila


These poor dolls tend to look weird in the box. 

Lila is the newest Ruby Red Fashion Friends character. Thankfully, she got a regular release and not one of their ridiculous number of exclusives. Seriously, they have so many more exclusives than regular dolls. Ugh. I'm glad I'm only casually into the line because I'd drive myself nuts trying to get all the special ones and import only and such. 

Anyway, Lila just came out. She costs $129.99.



This is the first doll I've bought from them where she desperately needs a new outfit. I'm going to look into their own fashions as well as custom ones. 

Lila's thing is dancing. Which of course means ballet because doll companies always start with a ballerina. 

The hat isn't hideous, but it's also enormous. The pom pom is like the size of her head. 




Without the vest. The vest isn't bad and neither is the shirt. It's the entire lower part of her outfit I hate. They should have given her a leotard, but they didn't. So she's wearing a see-through skirt over see-through lace leggings...that are NOT pants, by the way...and you can see her white underwear through all that. 



I had to have the first East Asian character they've done, although I'm not a big fan of the Kayla headmold. I didn't take a photo, but Lila's head looks so much bigger than my other girls'! 



She's got two little braids. She's really cute, even though I think the other headmold is cuter. I think I'll love her more when I get her a new outfit. 



PHOTO CREDITS: Mine. 

3 comments:

  1. The core Fashion Friends are cute but I love some of the limited releases. Something about the sculpts seem to suit the dressier clothing styles better. This one's not my favorite sculpt but I like her little hat and shirt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm having regrets over not getting Fernanda, but most of them I'm fine with missing thankfully. They come from too many places to keep track of and then there's importing on top of that. I just can't. I find it pretty sad though that there are far more exclusives than regular dolls. I don't think it's the best way to run a doll line. I don't like mass exclusivity and that's what they're creating.

      Delete
    2. And now I just looked up how many exclusives they have and lost count, but I also ended up pre-ordering Cozy Vacation Kayla, so I'm glad your comment sent me to look! I didn't know those existed!

      Delete