Friday, May 28, 2021

COLLECTION REVIEW: Dragons & Beasties Gem Dragons


I once reviewed my first figures from the Dragons & Beasties line, but never tackled any other pieces. 

So the three plush in the back are Ember the phoenix, Misty the sea dragon, and Blaze. 

The figures right in front of the plush were reviewed here:

https://venivididolli.blogspot.com/2019/11/review-dragons-beasties-figures.html

Except for DeeBee, who's the light pink one in front of Blaze. 

What I want to focus on though is the Gem Dragons, the ones in the front. 


These figures are blind-packed. I got 5 from HotTopic.com and picked up the rest on ebay. These first ones are Series 1. 

L to R: Merlot, Marigold, Biscotti, Mint and Fern. 


L to R: Skye, Azure, Mauve, Rose and Snow. 

These figures are highly collectible, though I had no idea when I started collecting them. A full set recently sold for $1175 and singles range from $100-$150+ for the regular ones. Snow, who was the rare, goes for over $200 with one selling a week ago for $275. 


Series 2 came out recently and I managed to get them all, though getting the two rare ones wasn't easy. I bought 12 and then another 10 and thankfully managed to get both rares. (And even one extra that I sold.) 


So here we have Sterling and Crystal. This series had some struggles with the figures holding onto the gems. Many would come with them loose in the package. My Sterling on the left was part of a trade gone bad, where the person I was trading with was in Europe and I dealt with their friend in the US. Their friend who blew off sending me my end of the trade for ages and then packaged it so poorly that the gem fell out. But Sterling looks cute without the green gem, so I have him without it and then another with it, as I got him in the second set I bought trying to find Crystal. Yep, Crystal there is one of the two rares. I'd say he's the slightly harder to find and more popular of the two. 


Then we have Lila, Jazzy, Cherry and Cocoa. Cocoa is my fave of this series and Cherry is close second. Then Jazzy and Crystal and Lila.


And finally, Bumble, Jubilee, Dazzle and Gogo. Dazzle is the second rare. 

These guys might become just as rare as the first series eventually, so if you like them, I recommend grabbing some now. 

PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment