Tuesday, May 25, 2021

COLLECTION UPDATE: Altaya Strawberry Shortcake



Altaya has been plugging away at the Brazilian SSC dolls. I just got a package of 4 more yesterday and there are 2 more out that are newer. I've seen the designs of those 2 plus the 2 after so I'm probably going to wait until at least 3 if not all 4 are out before I order another batch. I do love what will be the 3rd of the next 4, so I may order once she's out. (It's Little Coffee!)

 This is Little Pineapple, according to a vintage Brazilian SSC site, or Pineapple Tart. A lot of these new ones are _____ Tart with Altaya's naming system. 

I love her because she's got that awesome print headband. She's really cute. 





Here's Little Cherry (Cherry Tart). 

She's the first one I had to do hair work on. These all smell so lovely that I refuse to condition them and possibly alter their scents, so I had to settle for just wetting her hair. It's still a bit crazy, but she's cute anyway. 




Ooh, do I ever love her. She's based on one of the lovely dolls from the first Brazilian party series. They all have fab curly hair and dresses with enormous skirts. 

This girl's name is debatable, as the key word in Portuguese is "limão." It translates a lot as "lemon," but if you look at the doll, she's definitely green. Her hair is green. Rather...limey. And she smells...like lime. Funnily, "limão" also means "lime." So instead of Lemon Sorbet, which seems to be her standard name, I'm calling her Lime Sorbet. It fits better. 



And here's Little Coconut. I think the beads on her headpiece were originally supposed to be tiny coconuts. 

So the next four dolls are: 
Passionfruit Sorbet (from the same party line as Lime)
Little Watermelon
Little Coffee
Little Mint

The mint one they seem to be calling coffee cake or something like that. Why I don't know. She clearly has mint on her. I do like her so I may wait for all 4 to come out before ordering, buuuuuuuut I also have a soft spot for Little Coffee because she's not white so I may order after she comes out. 

PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.

4 comments:

  1. In spanish, and it seems to be the same case in portuguese, the fruit you call "lemon" in english, the big yellow one, we call it "lima" and the small, green one for us is "limon" and for you is "lime". We even use it differently, for lemonade, we use the small green ones and not the big yellow ones!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, that's cool! I love learning about language differences.

      Delete
  2. I love these so much! I discovered them thanks to your blog and have 6 now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fantastic! Which ones do you have? I have the 3 newest Brazilian ones on their way here from Spain.

      Delete