Thursday, May 13, 2021

REVIEW: American Girl 35th Anniversary Felicity Merriman

Ah, she is here! 

Felicity has always been a favorite of mine. If I was asked to pick a favorite American Girl historical character, I'd proooobably say Josefina, but Felicity would be right there fighting for her name to come out of my mouth. I love Lissie. I've always loved Lissie. So why don't I own Lissie?

She was the one that I considered when she first came out. Molly was my childhood AG doll, but I totally fell for Felicity, too. Yet I was never in a place to buy a second one. Other things always took priority. As I've mentioned before, what got me back into AG was living in NYC and getting to visit AGPNY whenever I wanted to. I did buy Felicity then! I loved her. I honestly can't tell you why I ever sold her. She was lovely. It's not that I didn't bond with her. I think I really needed the money for something else. Sigh. 

So when I learned it was AG's 35th anniversary and they were bringing the first six characters back out, I had to have Lissie. I looked at her BeForever version when she came out, but no. That outfit...ugh. I always planned to rebuy one like that one I had in NYC, but I never got around to it. It was apparently fate that I wait for this one!




I never had the original Felicity. I can't compare this doll in any way to her. And it's been well over a decade since I sold my other one, so I can't remember her well enough to make any comparison there either. Although I am thrilled to see her original dress back. Never liked the lavender thing she got changed into. 



Her accessories are tucked behind her book in the packaging. 


I  never had Felicity's accessories. Actually, I don't think I ever bought the accessories for any of my historical dolls. Ah, wait! I have BeForever Kit's for that green bracelet. I always meant to get Rebecca's for her necklace. But anyway. The anniversary dolls all come with their accessories. 

So we've got her purse, her coral necklace, a handkerchief, garters I will never tie on because I know they won't stay, and a bit piece. Her cap is in the other picture above.




LISSIEEEEEEEEEEEE.


Yeah, I'm pretty excited. Especially because I heard she's now backordered. So glad I ordered right away!



She did have a pretty bad neck gap, but the necklace covers it up. 



Baggy, unattractive stockings. Socks? They look like socks but I'm blanking on the correct colonial term for these. Bet it isn't socks though. 




Her shift. 




Hair down! My first Lissie wore her hair down all the time. I think it was a little longer than this one's hair, though I could be remembering wrong. She permanently wore Elizabeth's holiday gown, as her own blue one had gone out of stock when I went shopping. I should rebuy Elizabeth's gown and finally get the blue one, too. I have the mini doll in the blue dress. It's one of the most iconic AG outfits to me. 



More hair. I like this color a lot, because it's like a "penny." Har har. 



But since I have her cap, Lissie's hair is going back in its ponytail and the cap is going on. Ah. So happy. Kirsten, Samantha and Molly in their original clothes are definitely very iconic AG, but to me, so is Lissie like this. Even though I was there from the beginning, she's still just as iconic as those first three. I'm very grateful AG put them back out so I can finally own her!


PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment