Friday, July 3, 2020

REVIEW: LOL OMG Chillax



I was so excited Sleepy Bones was getting a big sister! I adore Sleepy Bones.

Then I saw pics of the doll and I was less excited. The doll herself was perfect, but the outfit was a mess.

Chillax actually popped up on Amazon before any of the others and I was able to pre-order her. She arrived today.














Peeking out from inside her box.








The usual stuff: stand, brush, magazine, 2 garment bags, shoebox, hatbox, and her purse (still wrapped).




Accessories: sunglasses, shoes, awesome spiral earrings, two chokers.

I didn't take a pic of her wearing the sunglasses, which I put away, or the silver choker, which I gave to Alt.


I. HATE. THIS. OUTFIT. 

So much that I didn't put it on her. 

The little sister's name is Sleepy BONES. The only bones on this doll anywhere are on that sleeve top. They went with the TV static theme more with her, which is amusing, but not at the cost of the bones. 

And white?!!! They put her in white?!!! This really annoys me. You see, I envision Sleepy Bones as goth. Like cutesy goth. She likes her black and her bones and her spooky stuff, but she also likes pink. While goth representation has definitely improved in the toy arena, non-white goth representation has not. So here was an opportunity for MGAE to make an adorable spooky black goth and they slapped basic white athletic gear on her. What about this even remotely says sleepy? I could argue the pants if they weren't covered with random straps. The sleeve shirt is not sleepwear or even loungewear.

This outfit is 100% a mess. The purse is cute, but she's not carrying it. And the shoes I do like. I'll give them that. But the fabric clothing? A mess.

 



This is pretty cute, but she can't wear it all the time. 

And look at her. This doll is ADORABLE. 

She deserves so much better than the crap they gave her. 






Her hair tends to photograph blue, but it's the same color as Sleepy Bones'. It's bold blue with a hint of green. Some might say cerulean. The two twists in front are a slightly darker shade. 





So where do you turn when you need that perfect spooky outfit? 

Where else but Monster High?

The Create-a-Monster skeleton dress is beyond perfect for Chillax. Who I'm renaming Dreamy Bones. There's nothing spooky about Chillax. 





Now that is what works for me. 

Definitely one of my top OMGs though. She's right up there with Alt and Angles. Even though I had to change her entire outfit, she's still that amazing.

PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.

3 comments:

  1. Great outfit change. It's like it was MADE for her.

    Gotta give it to the Monster High for breaking boundaries in the doll world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems your ideal version of this girl looks an awful lot like my prediction - even the same name! Great minds must think alike haha <3

    https://www.instagram.com/p/B93Ir-mja8r/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, she does! I do remember seeing her on one of my random trips to insta. It's possible I subconsciously remembered the name, although it does kinda write itself.

      Delete