Sunday, July 26, 2020

REVIEW: Harry Potter Luna Lovegood

I am so thrilled to be doing this review!

Let's face it, Mattel's Harry Potter line hasn't done the best. I love the array of characters we've gotten, except for the glaring exception of the best twins ever, Gred and Forge, and that pinnacle of Quidditch, Viktor Krum. Like seriously, don't do a 2-pack of Harry and Voldemort. Do a 2-pack of Fred and George and then Hermione and Viktor for Yule Ball. Grr.

But anyway, I am absolutely ecstatic that they continued the line long enough to make it to my favorite character (tied with the twins): LUNA LOVEGOOD.

I used to own Tonner's Luna, but ended up selling her. She wasn't the best likeness and the stocky body they used just was not flattering at all. But I have several small toys of Luna, a plush and one beautiful artist doll. And now, another official doll!






I actually bought two. The one in the box is staying boxed. This is the one I opened.


She's perfect.






So cute.








A bit closer shot of that.



And without her coat. I love this little dress, but it looks a bit odd. Her head is large and it makes her body looks spindly without the coat on.

I'm so happy though. I may have come up empty at Target, but at least my Luna is here.

Although Mattel, I would have paid $24.99 to get her with a set of robes, too. We've got the other students in their robes and no casual clothes and Luna in just casual and no robes.

Still, thrilled she exists.

PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. https://www.amazon.com/HARRY-POTTER-Luna-Lovegood-Doll/dp/B084KZYQWY/

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. She was on Amazon, but she seems out of stock now.

      Delete