Monday, July 13, 2020

REVIEW: Cave Club Fernessa Deluxe Set





Fernessa has the most expensive deluxe set at $24.99, but with two dolls, it's to be expected.

Fernessa's theme is babysitting. Her little sister Furrah is the younger doll. I couldn't help but notice Cave Tots is capitalized and trademarked on the back of the box, so I think we can expect more little ones.





What a great expression!




I bought this set after seeing how bad the signature doll's hair was. This one is better, but honestly, only marginally.

I do think it lays much better, even though in the box it's split into 3 clumps and I had to brush it for a bit to get it to meld into one proper head of hair. What helps is that it's all down, so there aren't a bunch of different lengths going on.







Here she is without the collar. She's really cute. I do love Fernessa a lot. I just hope future dolls have better hair!



And here she is with the signature. I definitely prefer the signature overall.

The collars and leg warmers are the same molds, but the plant tiaras are different.

For $24.99, I would think they could have spent a bit on white paint to paint the bone on the tiara, but no.






Furrah's accessories are a crib with mobile, a blanket, a mammoth head pacifier, a bottle, a carrot on a plate, a book, and a rocker.





I adore the dino holding the mobile. And his neck moves!





Furrah also has a bib, which I removed in this photo.

Her hair is phenomenal! I love it!

And she's really cute.





Here she is on her rocker.

This is another cute set with a lot of play value for the target market. For older collectors, I'd recommend it if you really like Fernessa or if you're into the younger dolls.

I'm probably not going to get Emberly's deluxe set. I'm not a huge fan of the theme. My favorite part is her pet. And they took away the longer side bits of her bangs that are what make her so cute to me.

PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.

1 comment:

  1. Fernessa's dresses seem really samey to me.

    The Cave Tots are much cuter than Mattel's usual "baby" character dolls.

    ReplyDelete