Friday, July 31, 2020

REVIEW: Hatchimals Pixies Riders


Got my first Pixies Riders today! I'm not the biggest Hatchimals fan, though I do have a good-sized handful of the smaller animal figures, but these incredibly detailed fantasy pixies and their creatures made my wanted list.

I love that you know who you're getting, because $14.99 is a little pricey for a blind set. 

This is my favorite of the line: Lilac Luna and her Swanling. 
So first I removed the heart from the top. The colors of that heart are how you tell who's who. 

Then I opened the bottom part of the box. Is there a good way to do this? I just kind of went for it. 

The creature is on the righthand side and then two little treasure chests are on the right. In Hairdorables tradition, you punch out the cardboard and there's a plastic packet inside. 







So we've got the heart, the creature, two packets, and the checklist. 






Inside the packets are the stand for the pixie, plus jewelry for both her and her critter.

This part made me a little sad. You have to break the pretty top of the heart to "hatch" your pixie! Then you break off all the delicate material, flip it over, put the wings on what used to be the bottom, and you've got a display stand. 

Swanling is wearing her tiara and necklace, and so is Lilac Luna.

I'm so glad I got this set first. I actually have two more ordered, but this was my favorite. I always love the girls with darker lipstick and there's something about this one's whole aesthetic that I really love.

Yes, I know it's weird that the swan is my favorite when there are dragon-unicorns and six-legged beasties. In other colors, this would not have been my fave, but they chose well. 

I'm going to end up with most if not all of these!

PHOTO CREDITS: Mine. 

3 comments:

  1. I didn't know you could pick who you were getting with these. That makes me much more likely to consider getting one.

    I think the last collection of these (which weren't articulated) had a very obvious way to tell who you were getting, but they were still sold as blind bags. I hope they keep this up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yes! Each has different colors on the visible heart stand.

      Delete