Thursday, July 2, 2020

REVIEW: Cave Club Dino Baby Crystals

AAAAAAAAAA! My first Cave Club toy review!

Forgive the mess on the table. I was too excited to clean it off before ripping these open.

So these are the blind-packed pets. They're called Dino Baby Crystals, but a lot of them aren't even dinosaurs.

They come in 3 colors: pink, blue and purple.

They're $9.94 each at Walmart, so likely $9.99 elsewhere.




I scoured the packaging, hoping for some sort of codes, but everything stamped on these was the same on all four of the ones I got. (I got 2 purple ones. The one just isn't pictured.)

So here's the first one out of the package. The crystal top kinda screws off.


Then inside you've got a little checklist, an instruction sheet that I just threw out, and 4 packets.

The large, flat one is your slime or sand. It's the only one I could see with a little indentation for easier opening. The others didn't have them.

I did end up opening 3 of the slime packs and it's watery. I don't know how parents do it these days. This stuff is so messy. One of them was a cool dark purple metallic though.




The checklist isn't the best. It's flimsy paper and the pets aren't named.

It does show which small accessory and either slime or sand you'll get though.





The green triceratops was my first opened. The little hairpiece is in one of the separate packets. It's on a peg you push into the head.

The small toy was in another packet.

So: slime/sand, accessory, hairpiece, pet.

She's fully poseable, which is awesome. All four legs, the head and even the tail.






The mammoth was my second one.

Again, fully poseable including the tail.



And finally, the sloth, who's my second favorite out of the entire set. I'm thrilled to have him!

Even though the paleontologist in me, who is already cringing at so many things in this line, cringes a teeny bit at the fact that a prehistoric sloth looks nothing like a modern day sloth. Go look them up. They're awesome. Toy Me loves this line despite Paleontologist Me. Heh.



Here are all 3. I don't know if the crystal color has any significance yet, but the sloth came in blue, the mammoth in pink, and the triceratops in purple. I ended up with 2 of the same green triceratops, both in purple.

Definitely need to order more! I want that pet rock!

PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.

6 comments:

  1. I'm DEAD!!!! These are so cute!!! I love that they're poseable. Always enjoy your comments re: your knowledge of stuff and toys we love to collect. Looking forward to what's next. Hopefully they appear soon in stores cause I didn't pre-order the dolls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The dolls are currently all back in stock on Wal-Mart's website. The 5 basics plus the Emberly and Fernessa deluxe sets. Mine have shipped so I hope to have them on Saturday.

      Delete
  2. The only night I didn't check to see if they were available...hahahaha! Thanks for the heads up. Ordered them and coming Monday. So excited! Since I can breathe and relax now, I'm still going to wait for your review and open them up for my birthday in a couple of weeks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh, mine are delayed until Monday, even though I pre-ordered. Way to go, Walmart. They've screwed up a lot lately.

      Delete
  3. Not entirely sure how I feel about the hair, but good grief these are cuter than they have to be. And I'm dying at the pet rock.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for doing this. The code is embossed on the side of the egg.
    Just wondering about which came from which color. I have 3 codes - I wish I knew which they were:

    1390hr1 or I
    1390hrc
    1390hrE

    ReplyDelete