Wednesday, June 17, 2020

REVIEW: LOL Surprise Boys Series 3

Okay, this is like the laziest review I've ever done, but what the hey, I'm going for it.

I ordered 2 of the new LOL boys series on Amazon and they arrived today. I only really wanted one of the set, but I haven't bought any LOLs in months, so I figured why not?

I haven't opened on in forever, but I enjoyed the easy unwrapping. The tissue paper around the accessories was nice and the more papery bags.

I got super lucky and the first one I opened was my only really wanted one: Spicy Kid!

Spice was my second major favorite during collecting, after Rocker, so I had to have her male counterpart. He's a heat color-changer, so his black gloves, the lines on his socks and his hair all turn red in warm water.

Far Out is adorable, too. I love the pick in his afro!

PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.

3 comments:

  1. Did you hear about the LOL Surprise plagiarism controversy? MGA copied artist Amina Mucciolo as a LOL doll (Rainbow Raver) without her permission, and MGA's CEO called Ms. Mucciolo liar and fraud in a now-deleted tweet (screenshots of which for example here: https://twitter.com/itsmonicakim/status/1273824617933811713 ) I know you aren't a drama blog, but just feel you should know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, I had not heard about this at all. But I can't say I'm surprised. MGAE has never been fully on the up and up.

      Delete
    2. Agree. While I'm not personally in favor on claiming ownership on things like similar-but-not-exactly-the-same fashion looks (someone on Tumblr did point out Rainbow Raver could also be taking cue from 2017's 10th Anniversary Miku Hatsune, which can be seen at: https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/71TF10mqm2L._AC_SX425_.jpg especially the hair and seethrough elements are similar), MGA should at least own up to it and see if it holds up in court, going on Twitter insult tirades cheapens everyone involved, on top of just being way puerile.

      Delete