Sunday, June 28, 2020

NEWS: Rainbow High

More gorgeous new dolls!

Remember the Poopsie Rainbow Surprise giant dolls? Well, MGAE got wise and shrank them. And also removed any sloppy slime aspect and the Poopsie connection.

This line is now officially called Rainbow High.

Yeah, I know. Isn't it a few years too late to be going for the "High?" They don't look school-themed or anything, so what's the point?

Anyway.

So naturally, they left out indigo. They always effin' do that.

Each doll has a color theme and a somewhat color-themed name. This lovely lady is Ruby Anderson. Each girl comes with 2 full outfits, including 2 pairs of shoes. I have boxed photos of them from a friend and I've seen the second outfits with shoes. The quality looks great! I've been asked to keep the photos private, so I can't share them, but we do have these promo pics now.





Here is Poppy Rowan, who looks like Mia Monarch. Her second outfit has an orange vinyl skirt that matches the top here and a pair of heels with butterflies that are so gorgeous! I love these boots, too, though! I may need two of her...



Or maybe Sunny Madison can steal the butterfly shoes since both of her pairs are kinda boring.

She's my favorite of these dolls though. I'm kinda surprised I'd go for the yellow, since I normally am a sucker more for green and orange, but there is something about her that I just adore!







This is Jade Hunter. I love the doll, but she has my least favorite outfits, which is a shame. I do love green.








Skyler Bradshaw definitely looks like the big Blue Skye doll.







As Violet Willow looks like Amethyst Rae.

These two are my least favorites thanks to the similarities, but honestly, I'm probably going to get them all. They should be $26.99, which really isn't bad for a very articulated doll with inset eyes and two complete outfits.




Then we've got Avery Styles, a wigged doll that comes with a bunch of clothes. I really do not need her, but several of those pieces are so tempting!

The three pairs of shoes she isn't wear are all amazing. I like her outfit, too. I wish there was something green here for Jade though.





More Avery.

No known price point yet.




Then there's Rainbow Raine.

Sigh. Couldn't they have picked something a little less Rayne from Hairdorables? Come on, MGAE.

I am a sucker for white hair. I can resist rainbows, but man, that white hair is calling me.



I actually like her pale makeup a lot, too.

And those boots.

Yeah, I'll end up with her.

There's been talk of a pink doll named Bella something. I forget what it was.

I swear, if pink gets a doll before indigo, which is actually in the damn rianbow...

Again, no original source for these pics, but also again, they're promos, so it's MGAE.

19 comments:

  1. I LOVE these �� These are so cute!

    I do have to agree with you...why the "High" line? They should at least have some sort of school themed accessory like project mc2 or something.

    Regardless I think I want them. Just because they're poopsie rainbow surprise dolls in a 1:6 scale. I feel like the closest I have gotten to rainbow colored dolls in that scale is the Star Darlings, but that line ended too soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, two full outfits! Now we're talking. As much as new American lines are the plight of euro collectors like me (still don't have any LOL OMGs, despite Royal Bee and Candylicious being top wanted, but not 50eur wanted), I could definitely shell out for two outfits and double-jointed knees. Could you share the boxed photos, please? Or tell who has them? want to see the second outfits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, can't. They're not mine to share. He was nice enough to share them with me and asked me not to show them to anyone, so I'm not going to betray that.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. I'm about to leave for work and I'm a double, but if I'm not exhausted when I get home tonight, I'll try to remember to describe them.

      Delete
    4. Above deleted for typos. What I meant to say: Understandable, have a good day nonetheless, and I hope we'll get official photos of the second outfits soon.

      Delete
    5. Okay, I'll describe the 2nd outfits to the best of my ability.

      RUBY: Red, black and white jacket with long sleeves (I think). There seems to be a matching tiny tube top. I can't see it very well because it's under the jacket. Red vinyl miniskirt with a yellow belt. Short black boots with red and yellow flame detail.

      POPPY: Cropped hoodie in a peach that matches her main outfit skirt. It has RAINBOW written across the front and on the sleeves. Orange vinyl miniskirt that matches the main outfit's top. The shoes are a little confusing. The main part of the shoe is an orange base with a clear strap across the toes and then there's a black ankle strap with butterflies. They're the same shoes on Poppy in the prototype photo where she's with the wigged doll (minus her wig). But in the boxed pic, there's a gold fabric part to the shoes. I'm not sure if these are metallic gold socks or if these shoes have turned into boots. My guess is socks, because the clear toe strap is still visible.

      SUNNY: Her outfit looks a lot like Jade's from the very first leaked photos. Ripped jeans and a long-sleeved jacket. The jacket is matching denim though and the sleeves have "rainbow" printed all over them. There's a little top hidden under the jacket so I can't see it. The color of the entire outfit looks to be kind of ivory, but it could be pale yellow. Her shoes look like gold bottoms with a clear strap over the toes, similar to Poppy's pair. I can't make out any real details on them otherwise.

      JADE: Mostly green tracksuit with white and black details. White tee with "rainbow" in green across it and something black. I can't make that part out. Shoes are really ugly, lumpy white sneakers with green straps all over them. This poor girl got the worst clothes.

      SKYLER: White long-sleeved top with "rainbow" written down both sleeves and black detailing on the sleeves. Pale blue vinyl dress that you can see in one of the prototype pictures. Violet is wearing it. It's the same pic Poppy is in with her shoes. Shoes are a black base, clear toe strap and the rest seems to be pale blue and orange. Tucked inside the shoes are white mesh socks, which makes me think Poppy's gold bits are definitely socks.

      That's all I've got. My friend has Violet, but no boxed picture of her. My guess for her second pair of shoes would be the ones the Violet doll in that prototype pic with the blue dress.

      Delete
    6. Thanks! I was really hyped for green from the NYTF pictures, and now she's completely different and suffers from slapdash syndrome instead (slapdash syndrome is what happens when late-stage plans are scrapped to capitalize on some trend or another, and the quick replacing results in a result that is, well, slapdash). Also, how hard would it be for them to make dolls that aren't white-passing? Even mattel can do it.

      I'm super interested still, these look like the kind of dolls I have highkey fun with hybriding and swappign eyes and mixing outfits. I have a question, though. How do people get dolls that are not yet out? I saw someone on IG managed to get a green-haired one with the bandaid nose, and now your friend has Violet. How the hecc does that happen? Google fu isn't helping.

      Delete
    7. Dolls that haven't been released yet mostly come from factories in China. Some people have connections there, some use sites like Taobao (I'm not even sure that's easy to use anymore, but it used to be). My friend lives in Hong Kong and got his from a seller in China. (He has all of the basic ones, not just Violet.)

      Delete
  3. Sorry to bother, but do you know what may be a possible release date for these dolls?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I did, but I don't. Hopefully before the end of summer. I'd say fall at the latest.

      Delete
  4. There’s new leaked pics! Looks like there will be an indigo girl, a magenta girl and a chartreuse girl with dark skin like the Jade prototype! 😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, where can I see these? Hyped!

      Delete
    2. Saw them floating around IG
      I believe users crystal_sushi or belleinateacup have them posted

      Delete
  5. Where can you find Avery styles? Can’t find her anywhere online

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think she's out yet. I haven't seen any except the basics and the white/rainbow one.

      Delete
  6. Just bought Jade Hunter Yesterday at Target! She’s one of my favorites. I only saw the Red, Blue besides her. Still learning the names, but love the dolls. Quality is great, detail amazing :)

    ReplyDelete