Tuesday, June 30, 2020

REVIEW: Ruby Red Fashion Friends Rock Star Stella

A new addition to my small Ruby Red Fashion Friends collection!

(Someday I'll get you, Sara. I promise.)

This is Rock Star Stella, the newest character to be released. She actually came out over a month before she was expected.

I didn't like how she looked in the box, so I didn't take a boxed pic. Her head was twisted to the side oddly. She has the same box as the blue-eyed version of Bella, the box with Kayla on it. But neither the box nor pamphlet was updated to include Stella.

Stella comes wearing a super cute outfit.



Her hat is made sturdily enough that it stands up very nicely on her head. I love the double pompoms.

Her sweater is sooooooooo soft. I love it.

The tank top is fab, but my favorite piece has to be the jeans!







As much as I love the hat and sweater, this is how I'm currently displaying her. The sweater doesn't exactly go with the outfit, in my opinion.

Here are Hanna and Stella. Hanna with her hair curling in her face. Having the fan on always does this, but dangit, it's hot. So you guys will have to deal with dolls with hair in their faces. It's not like it's a new thing. Heh.

But you can see the skintone difference. Hanna was my pale one before, but Stella is far paler and a much pinker tone.

You can also see how they painted Stella's lips to make the reuse of the mold seem less obvious. It's still obvious, but hey, they tried. A lot of people don't like the painted black corners of the mouth, but I think they look fine.



And finally, here are Hanna, Stella and Bella all together!

These girls aren't cheap, but I enjoy them a lot. I have a European exclusive one on pre-order!

PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.

4 comments:

  1. Stella looks so sweet... I love the jeans and her coloring.
    I promised myself I would just own Hanna, but Stella is definitely tugging on my wallet! It's too bad the extra outfits are expensive too, so I'm not sure if I want one of those first.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These dolls are totally worth it in person! Loving your collection.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The new version of Stella has no black lines on the corners of her mouth. Her eyes are still "hazel" but much more blue and much less brown. Some people like the more blue eyes, but I don't and may sell her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard that. I don't mind the painted corners at all, but I wouldn't mind seeing photos of the new eyes.

      Delete