Tuesday, June 30, 2020

REVIEW: Barbie BMR1959

I forgot to mention it last post, but I'm using the space under my shrine area for reviews for the moment. Someday, I swear I will have my room entirely done and I'll figure out exactly where I want my review spot to be. It will not be anytime soon, as I'm still clocking too many shifts at work. I'm always too tired on my days off to work on the room! Argh.

Anyway.

I don't buy a lot of Barbie, so my want for these two kinda surprised me. But here we are.

I got them on Target.com. The $29.99 price is a little better with 5% off and free shipping. Thanks, Redcard.

I like the shoebox style of these, but it makes me wonder. Do they actually ever sell them in stores? They're wide open if you lift the lid! I'm guessing probably they don't. Each one was sent in its own sealed shipper within the larger Target box.








A couple quick shots of them on the liners removed from the shoebox.







Deboxing was pretty easy, though I will forever be annoyed that doll companies are still attaching doll heads to the boxes with those stupid plastic tabs. Always a pain to cut.




I apologize if this is anyone's actual clothing style, but man, are these outfits ugly.

Like really, really ugly.

Yep, I spent almost $30 apiece because I liked the dolls. I completely hate the clothes.

If anyone wants to buy the outfits and stands, just let me know.









She is super cute though. I am a serious sucker for the Diva mold.









That's a little better. Though for $30, the cut on the top could be improved.





Ah, that face!









Literally, the only "outfit" thing I like about her is the multicolored rubberbands.







As soon as I saw this one's glorious eyebrows, I knew I had to have her.

She does not disappoint. This is the Tango mold. Lovely. It reminds me a bit of the goddess one or at least my set of three Greek goddesses that use that mold.









Her outfit is way better than the first girl's, but it's still not to my liking.







I want to love these boots, but translucent things aren't the best match for dolls with a lot of articulation. All I see is how weird her feet look in there.





And finally, a body shot. Diva mold has the original Made to Move body, while Tango girl has the tall variation.

I ended up redressing these two, though I didn't take any other pictures. I might get them some new clothes if I see anything interesting. I honestly very rarely redress dolls these days!

PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment