Sunday, June 28, 2020

NEWS: Hairdorables


Yay, the Series 5 checklist! Many thanks to one of my Facebook group members for finding and posting these there and giving me permission to share them here.

So in the top row, we have:

-Duchess Bella: Marie Antoinette-ish look

-Hey DeeDeeO: 50s

-Lucky Emily: UGH, she's a rare. Emily was hard enough to find in Series 4. Although honestly, I opened Kitschy Kali twice more than Emily, so I guess bring it on? Her theme is the Japanese lucky cat, although I'm not sure how that's time-related.

-Totally(?) Rad Harmony: So 80s. I love it.

Second row:

-Kali Cleopatra: GROAN. Please stop using Cleopatra for Egyptian themes, people. Cleopatra was not even Egyptian. NeferKali would have been a way better name for this doll. It uses an Egyptian word that was commonly used in female names (Nefertiti, Nefertari) and it's not linked to an actual historical figure. And the outfit should be white. SIGH. The perils of being a doll-collecting Egyptologist.

-Prehistoric Kat: I...guess? I don't really see it.

-So 90s Noah

-Glamour Phoebe: I think she's a flapper? I can't quite tell.

Third row:

-Peace 'n' Rayne: Of course.

-Roses & Saige: I'm not sure what time period this is aiming for.

-Steampunk Sallee: She's pretty cool.

-Grecian Skylar Star(?): Is the last word star? I don't know. You'd think I would be excited about the two ancient-themed ones, but both are disappointing. They look too similar. Both feature a pale, cool color plus gold. Meh.

-Queen Willow



Then we've got the After School theme.

As you can see, Emily, Saige and Phoebe got two dolls each, which is nice, but some of the originals did not fare so well. DeeDee and Willow are only in the masquerade line. Brit and Neila are only in the school line. DeeDee and Sallee continue to be screwed over. No rare for either of them, although Sallee's steampunk doll could easily have been made a rare. She at least gets to be in both sets, but DeeDee doesn't. Yet one of the new girls gets a rare already. (Honestly, I don't really care about that except I don't want more hard to find Emilys.)

First row:

-Bella Taps: Depending on the actual doll, this may be the first Bella I haven't really cared for since Series 1. She reminds me of the pigtailed one from Series 1 actually.

-Touchdown Brit: I need her. Brit playing football? Sold. Now give me hockey in Series 6.

-After School Emily: Well, that's some low-hanging name fruit. Maybe they had trouble thinking of a name as well as a theme, because I can't figure out what she's supposed to be doing. She looks great though.

Second row:

-Harmony on Parade: This is one of the few I really liked from the Toy Fair pics.

-Creative Kali: Is that another robot animal? I dunno. She seems a bit dull and themeless.

-Kat's #1: The ultra rare mascot one.

Third row:

-Neila in Space: She should have been in the masquerade line. She's out of place here.

-Noah-tography: Okay, that's a cute name.

-Phoebe's a Star: I think Phoebe and Emily easily got the best looks this series.

Fourth Row:

-Newsie Rayne: She looks adorable.

-Forget-Me-Not Saige: Garden Club, I guess? A lot of these themes are weak.

-Sallee Sculpts: I'm looking forward  to seeing the structure of this outfit, because it's a blue and white blob to my eyes right now.

-Alpine Skylar: Are those lederhosen? I hope so. She has no theme either, but for lederhosen, I'll let it slide.

I'm going to end up with more of these than I originally intended. Probably the whole line again. Sigh. Sure. Why not?

No comments:

Post a Comment