Wednesday, December 27, 2017

REVIEW: Shibajuku Girls Wave 3 Yoko

Every time I think I'm done with Shibajuku Girls, they pull me back in.

A little while ago, some listings were found on Walmart.com for new dolls of Yoko, Shizuka and Suki. Then someone in Australia turned up Yoko plus a new Koe and Miki. I think they had Miki anyway, but maybe she was just on the back of the box. Doesn't really matter.

More recently, people have found a new Suki that isn't the one in the Walmart listing, but to be fair, that looked like a badly Photoshopped recolor of her Wave 2 doll.

Well, I popped in Target after work tonight and snatched this little beauty right off the shelf, where she'd been sitting in front waiting for me. The only other new one there was Miki, who I'm not interested in. She looks sporty this time, which is more fitting than her first look.


See? Definitely sporty there on the bottom right.

I really want that purple-haired Koe. Reaaaaaaalllllly waaaaaannnnt!

Shizuka is okay, but a little too toddlerish for me.

But I loved this mint green Yoko from the original Walmart listing and she does not disappoint.


She's back to having blue eyes like her original doll. Her Wave 2 doll has gray eyes.

Her hair is mint green with white streaks. and I swear there's some blue in there, but it could be a trick of the light. My eyes aren't the best.

Her hair is nice, straight and easy to brush. I brushed all my Shibajukus tonight and my original Yoko and Suki are having some tangles, so I'm glad the hair has improved.


Another hair shot. Is there blue? I swear I see blue.

Yoko's wearing black again, so yay. Her cute tee has striped sleeves and the skirt has a checkerboard pattern, which is nice. I'm not sure why her socks have that melting white border. It reminds me of ice cream, but she kinda does on the whole anyway. Mint chocolate chip Yoko.

My only outfit complaint is the shoes. Why can't they make her the mary janes in black? She's had these shoes three times now.








My favorite of her four barrettes is the spiderweb. Miki yanked the crossbones.










The other two are a diamond, which is pretty ugly, and a crowned heart, which I think is quite cute, but doesn't suit any of my six girls. 


My favorite Shibajuku is still Yoko's black and white Wave 2 version, but this Wave 3 is in second place. She's adorable and I'm so glad they had her!

Now I just need that purple Koe! Love those buns.

PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment