Wednesday, December 13, 2017

REVIEW: Disney Descendants Dizzy

I didn't know I'd be reviewing a new Descendant anytime soon, but my friend and fellow collector alerted me to her being on Amazon, so here's DIZZY!

Dizzy is, very sadly, only the second new character doll we're getting from Descendants 2.

No Harry.

No Gil.

NO HARRY.

I'm still mad, y'all.


Don't get me wrong, I love Dizzy and she absolutely deserves a doll and should have been in the original release, but I'm still mad they didn't make Harry, yet we got 2 Bens.

Anyway.

Dizzy is adorable.

They did justice to her outfit, as you can see from the actor photo on the back of her box. I would have liked the little apron, but let's be honest, I would have taken it off her.


Dizzy is paint-splattered from head to toe. Her entire dress and one side of each shoe are covered in paint splotches.

The dress has a really nice cut and it's a good piece that makes up for it being a single dress and not a multi-piece outfit.

Her shoes are neat, too.










I love the mold they used. It looks a lot like the actual costume piece from the movie and I think they're one of the best pairs of shoes in the entire line.



I took three shots of her face so this is gonna look repetitive, but I don't even care. She's so cute.

So this is glasses on, but no headphones.

Dizzy's hair is brown with pink and yellow streaks. It is in regular buns, just with the little poofs sticking out of the middle. It's not like what Mattel did with Masquerade Harley's buns, which is what I initially thought.



Here she is without her glasses. Her glasses are a nice mold and stay on her face perfectly. You can take off the plastic band that holds them down. Her ears are a bit big, so they hold them right in place.

The glasses are pink with some gold paint on the front.




And here she is with all her stuff on.

I love the jewelry piece they chose for her. It's sewn to her dress, so that's not going anywhere. Buuuuuuut I wish she had more. She makes jewelry. She should at least have had one more bracelet.

Now here's where things get baffling.



Dizzy is, according to the Descendants Wiki I just read, a ten-year-old.

Mal is seventeen.

THE DOLLS ARE THE SAME HEIGHT.

I will never understand why Hasbro didn't make a shorter body for Dizzy, especially because...


They made her a brand new torso!

Granted, this is not your average 10-year-old's torso. She looks more 12 or 13.

But even at that age, she should be much shorter than Mal.

It's not like she was tall in the movie.

I just don't get why they'd spend the money to not only make her a new headmold but also a new torso and yet not just go all the way and scale down the arms and legs to make her a full shorter body.

Dizzy has been asked to Auradon Prep. If the Descendants franchise continues, we'll see her again. There will very likely be another Dizzy in our future, so why not do her right? It's so weird and frustrating.

I do love the doll. She's one of the cuter ones and she's got a nice, fresh design, but she looks odd to me, standing on the shelf just as tall as the other girls when she's still supposed to be a little kid.

PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment