Wednesday, December 6, 2017

REVIEW: Equestria Girls Pinkie Pie & Rarity

Welp, I'm home from vacation a bit early, and went out to get my Pinkie Pie and Rarity. Rainbow Dash remains not in stock, but I expected that because you can't even order her on TRU.com.

I was excited to get these two, because Pinkie's got the cute smiling mold and Rarity's one of my fave characters.

Pinkie and the earlier releases are on sale right now for $7.99, but Rarity for some reason is not. I wasn't going to argue, since she's full price on the website, so I paid the regular price for her.


Pinkie, as I mentioned, has a different headmold with a sculpted smiling mouth. I think it's really cute and suits her well. I'm glad she's the only one with it, because I don't think it would work on any of the other main cast. Supporting cast, yes, but mains, not so much.

Pinkie wears a white tank top with balloons and a separate pink ruffled skirt. She has two translucent blue bracelets and cute wedge sandals.









I don't have a close up of Pinkie, because the one I took focused in the wrong spot. I normally take multiple shots, but my battery was dying, so I was pressed for time.

But hey, there are the shoes.

Pinkie wears pink lipstick and her eyeshadow is light blue fading into pink.


Rarity! I love my girl. I don't have one fave Mane Six. I have two. Both Twilight and Rarity. Cannot pick between them.

Rarity is her fashionable self in this lovely dress. This is not a top and skirt, but full dress. The top part is light blue with silver diamond print and the bottom is a lovely purple hobble skirt. Rarity wears a purple belt, gold necklace and one gold cuff bracelet. Then she's got her pretty purple heels.

Rarity wears light blue eyeshadow and bright pink lipstick.


While I do love both of these dolls, I am disappointed in their hair. The promo images had curls for both, so while I didn't expect the ringlets in those photos, I did expect hair like Sunset Shimmer's. But no. Pinkie's is about the same quality as Fluttershy's. It's all right, but if there's one character who needs curls, it's Pinkie not Sunset. Rarity's is more the quality of Sunset's, but lacks the curls. I don't mind her lack of them as much.

These two, Twilight and Fluttershy are all getting some salon time right now, being nicely conditioned. We'll see how their hair comes out after that. Twilight easily has the worst of the six, so on the suggestion of one of my best friends, she might be getting a braid if the salon doesn't tame her.

Still, we're talking $9.99 dolls here, most of which I've gotten for $7.99. They're still fabulous for the price! I hope Rainbow comes in soon.

PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.

1 comment: