Friday, October 28, 2016

SPOTLIGHT

Today's spotlight doll was an easy choice. Unlike last week, when I took my time because no one was jumping out at me, this week is a no brainer.

I just learned last night that Hallmark was releasing a Stormy doll and a plush Skydancer. I checked the website but nothing. I saw one seller on ebay with them and one person on the RB Facebook had a photo. So I called this morning and my store actually had them in stock! I never even dared hope we'd have them already. Sunriser was there, too, but I don't really need Tickled Pink's horse. It was kind of an odd choice to make the horse without an accompanying doll, but whatevs.

I'm so happy. Finally some official Stormy merchandise! I've only been waiting almost 31 years. Seriously, her first appearance was in the Star Stealer movie which came out 31 years ago on November 15th. She's been my favorite Rainbow Brite character ever since.

I've had the little custom doll since 2011 and she's a perfect fit for Skydancer.

The doll isn't a perfect ringer for cartoon Stormy, but dangit, she's still a Stormy and I'm still thrilled right now.

Stormy was $34.95 and Skydancer was $19.95. They are not up on Hallmark.com, but likely will be eventually. My store had 2 Stormys and 3 each of Skydancer and Sunriser, so if you want one, maybe call ahead and see if they're in stock.

No comments:

Post a Comment