Friday, October 7, 2016

SPOTLIGHT

I used to do this on my Flickr, so I think I'll make it the new Friday feature. If I remember to keep doing it! I'm so scatterbrained. Every week, I'll pick a doll to spotlight. Could be a new addition, could be something older that I'm just appreciating at the moment.

So the first Friday Spotlight is Project MC2's Basic Devon D'Marco doll.

I purchased her on Amazon for $14.99. I have yet to see any of the Wave 3 Basics in stores.

Devon has lovely long hair that's loose, instead of in the ponytail her Experiment doll had.

Basic vs. Experiment
I think the loose style suits her more. It's more flattering for her longer, thinner, oval face.

Her outfit is really cool. I like the sports-style top but with the "inspired" theme. It also has an asymmetrical hem with the back falling well below the front. I never noticed this in the promo shots, because it blended with her black hair. Her white shorts have black trim and she wears separate fabric socks from her purpley-gray shoes. While I like the Experiment doll's clothing, except her boots, I prefer the Basic doll's look.


Basic Devon has flat feet, while Experiment Devon has heeled feet. (Ember is the same, with the Experiment doll having heeled feet and the Basic's being flat.) Experiment Devon has pierced ears with little spiky studs, while Basic Devon has no earring holes.

Project MC2 is very clearly MGAE's money-making line right now. Bratz have failed again and Lalaloopsy seems to be in decline, sadly. The MC2 dolls are beautiful and very detailed with excellent outfits. I like the variation in bodies with the different feet and different levels of articulation. Honestly, sometimes I prefer the basic articulation because the knees are weak on a few of my deluxe dolls. I think the prices are fair, too. The $14.99 dolls may not be articulated, but you're getting inset eyes and much more detailed outfits than comparably-priced dolls have.

Basic Devon might just be my favorite MC2 doll right now, so I had to share her in this first spotlight.

No comments:

Post a Comment