Sunday, October 2, 2016

OVERVIEW: Fluppy Dogs

Fluppy Dogs were soft plush dogs covered in yarn hair that came out in 1986. They had cute pom pom noses and really, they're just darling. So why do I only have two baby ones? I really cannot tell you. I guess it's because while I like them, I've never come across them in thrift stores or anything, so I just ended up with these two little ones. I can't even remember where I got these two! The size thing might have been the reason. The full-sized ones are pretty big. I'm pretty sure I saw some at pony meets way, way back in my early days of collecting.

There were six main Flups produced and each came with an embroidered collar and one accessory. The dogs were white with another color. Cuddle Flup was purple and had two lacy purple ear bows. Fanci Flup was pink and had one big pink bow. Shy Flup was mostly white with some peach and had a little flowered hat. Silly Flup was yellow and had two ear bows. The two males were Brave Flup (blue with a bandana) and Cool Flup (green with purple sunglasses). Three had blue eyes ((Fanci, Shy and Brave), while Cool had green, Silly had brown and Cuddle had purple.

The six puppies were quite a bit smaller and came with a bonnet or bow. They have little booties on their paws, so that's why mine in the photo look like their feet are yellow and purple. The one on the left is Twinkle-Pup and Tickle-Pup is on the right. The other four are Nuzzle-Pup (pink), Tumble-Pup (blue and green and oh, my, I want this one), Wiggle-Pup (pastel pink and blue), and Wobble-Pup (mostly yellow with some peach and blue).

There were outfits and accessories produced, a cycle, a walker, and your typical ephemera (books, coloring books, lunch boxes, etc.).

Fluppy Dogs sadly was one of those short-lived lines that never saw a second year, which was a major shame, because the unproduced set of Flashy Flups is amazing and the twin pup sets are all cute, too.

Dangit, now I'm going to go buy one or more of these. That's what I get for doing these little entries on things that aren't huge parts of my collection. I think "Oh, this will be a fun, quick entry" and then I end up buying more and more. That's what happened with BEGoths! Heh.

ETA: I bought a mint in box Wobble-Pup and a lovely deboxed Tumble-Pup. The pups are plentiful and thankfully cheap. The bigger flups mostly are, too, but tend to look more loved. I might just get all six pups and skip the big ones. They're cute, but they don't tug the heartstrings like the pups do.

PHOTO CREDIT: Mine.

RECOMMENDED SITES:
http://www.ghostofthedoll.co.uk/fluppydogs.php

No comments:

Post a Comment