Saturday, October 1, 2016

MONTH IN REVIEW: September 2016

Hanaayame
I haven't bought that much this month, but I've really enjoyed what I did buy.

September began with a fabulous Tuesday Morning find. Hanaayame is a Dal I wanted years ago when she first came out.

The Biskit twins
Thanks to my friend Kate up in Canada, I now own the Littlest Pet Shop Biskit Twins. I wanted these ever since they were first shown, but I never saw them in the US...because they weren't sold here. Lame.                                                                                                                                                                        


I spent a lot of time with my Bleeding Edge Goths this month, expanding my vinyl figure collection by six and adding two plushies. I also was able to get my hands on the pink-haired exclusive version of Victoria Creeper and the blue-haired exclusive Angelina Blasphemina, which shrank my doll wishlist quite a bit! Only a couple more to go.

Angelina Blasphemina






The Monster High collector Skelita finally released on Amazon. I had pre-ordered this doll way back in February for a mid-August release, but she was pushed back to mid-September for no good reason. I mean, she was out in Canada before her original August release date, so why the lag? Sigh. Skelita is absolutely lovely and has become the only MH doll I do not plan on deboxing. Her packaging is just that fantastic. I was a bit disappointed in her size. Somehow I missed the memo that she was smaller than the first Amazon collector doll, Draculaura. I should have figured it out from the price, but I was excited and not thinking. Ha.

Vanilla Daisy and Peppermint Rose

This month brought the return of my Peppermint Rose love. I used to own all four dolls, the three rabbit figures and the three rabbit plush, but I ended up selling all but two of the plush rabbits. And I regret it. Selling the dolls anyway. The white plush and the rabbit figures I have no plans of rebuying. I found an excellent deal on a boxed Peppermint Rose, so I scooped her up, then found a fixer-upper Vanilla Daisy on etsy. She came with several accessories and two outfit pieces, but I managed to get her hat and belt on ebay, and found a pair of white shoes in my collection that were just like hers, so she's now only missing her bloomers and the longer underskirt. Not bad for a few bucks! These dolls are sadly expensive!

Wellie Wishers
My TRU got the Wellie Wishers in and Mom bought me Camille and Emerson as early birthday gifts. Then she got me Emerson's dance dress and Camille's accessories. I just need to grab Willa and Kendall eventually!

MH minis
The second set of Monster High minis finally started coming into stores, so I managed to get all the new ones and build up this rather large display. I need to move this elsewhere in my room! And I need to get the carrying case so some of the figures I like less can be stored away.

The Look brunette Barbie
My awesome friend Ryan got me The Look brunette Barbie for my birthday, amongst other awesome things. She's really gorgeous and has been on my wish list since she came out!

Shampoo
Shampoo from Ranma 1/2, one of my old faves from my manga days, joined my anime/manga doll shelf. Figuarts are incredibly excellent figures and I wish I had more room for them. I need the rest of the Sailor Moon ones, but Moon and Mercury aren't even out on display right now, just Mars.

Moana
I let myself pick one Moana item from the Disney Store, because I have so many older things I want more and all her stuff isn't going anywhere for awhile. I do plan on getting the doll, toddler doll and plush pig, but for now, this large soft doll graces my collection. She's beautiful! I know my resistance would break if we actually had a Disney Store closer than one hour away, but I have to order everything online, so it's easier to hold back. I will get the rest eventually though!

Genie








A new pony arrived yesterday to add to my collection. Genie looks like an original 80s MLP, doesn't she? Nope, she's actually a custom! But she's made so perfectly that she's like a new G1. I love her and I hope they keep making new designs.

Furza and Samphire
Enchantica Samphire was my birthday present to myself. He's another from the carrier dragon trio that I really wanted way back when I was in high school. He's the one I wanted most, because I really loved blue back then. Now I just need Breen, the orange one!

Espurr
And finally, there's Pokemon Espurr, who I rescued from Target. You can read the whole story behind that under his picture in my Flickr. 

Welp, that wraps up another month! October will likely be another lighter month, since I'm going on vacation in early November and I don't like to have too much incoming while I'm gone. But I can guarantee one cool action figure, my first Kaycee Bears plush (that isn't even a bear), and more Strawberry Shortcake retro soft dolls by the Bridge Direct. Should be a good month!











No comments:

Post a Comment