Saturday, October 15, 2016

NEWS: Earth 2 Jane

Bet you'd never thought you'd see that as a post title!

Back in May, I did an overview post on Earth 2 Jane, a sadly short-lived line from 2005. Well, last night, I received a comment on the post with some fantastic news.

EARTH 2 JANE IS COMING BACK!

Yes, the line is getting a fresh new start in 2017-2018. Fashion dolls will once again be part of the line, as well as adorable plush soft dolls, apparel, jewelry, books and more!


So I decided to combine this excellent news with this week's Spotlight doll. I was going to do Spotlights on Fridays, but I think I'm going to make it more flexible. I had a Spotlight doll planned for yesterday, but then couldn't decide whether to post her or not, because I haven't overviewed the line yet. But that all works out well, because it allows me to combine this excellent news with Saturday's Spotlight doll: JETT!

As I said in my overview post for E2J, Jett is my favorite of the foursome. Her choppy black hair, brown eyes and especially that gorgeous honey skintone make her really stand out, and I love her color combination of white, lime green and peach. It's something you don't see very often, especially in fashion dolls. I think maybe I've seen My Little Pony pull it off once or twice, but it's a great combo for clothing and it should be used more.



I'm looking forward to seeing what this incarnation of Earth 2 Jane brings to the table. I'm sure they'll have a great message, because they always did.

This is honestly the perfect time to come in with a new fashion doll line. A lot of lines are either over or in reboot slumps, so with really only two promising lines I can think of right now (DC Super Hero Girls and Project MC2), the market is wide open for some new dolls!

I'm hoping this time Earth 2 Jane is here to stay! I'm still sad we never got the deluxe dolls or dolls of Tess and Emma, so this is really exciting news for me.

I'll keep updating as I find out more, so stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. She is super cute. I am looking forward to see the new dolls as well, I had never heard about this doll line before.

    ReplyDelete