Saturday, October 1, 2016

FRIDOLL FIVE #18

I was going to get more done today, but I thought, what the hey, it's my birthday, I'm just gonna relax. And so I did. But I can get out the penultimate Fridoll Five and the September Month in Review post before I heard to bed.


#18: Scents and Sensitivity

1. Do you own any pets, wear a favorite perfume, or smoke?

I've always had pets. Right now, I have 3 dogs, a guinea pig, my mom's 2 finches and her aquarium.

I do also wear perfume on a daily basis, but no one in this house smokes. Yuk.


2. If you own pets/wear perfume a lot/smoke, do you take any steps to protect your dolls from pet hair, dander, smoke or animal scents? If you *don't* do any of the above, do you think that sellers who do have a responsibility to "protect" their dolls?

Nothing can protect an item from a smoker in the house. I'm not talking about a visitor, but about someone who lives there. Even if they smoke elsewhere, they bring it home with them. Your items WILL smell like smoke if you live with a smoker.

My dogs don't spend a lot of time in my room, but I'm a dog lover. I'm not going to go out of my way to quarantine my collection from part of my family (because that's what they are). In all of my auctions, I state that my items come from a smoke free but not pet free home. It's the buyer's decision whether or not they want my stuff.


3. Have you ever washed a doll or doll clothes? What materials did you use?

I send my plushies through the wash in a delicates bag. I've done that with larger doll clothing pieces, too, but nothing delicate. I've scrubbed dolls before. Dawn detergent is one of my fave things. I condition their hair if needed. There's nothing super special I use, except the Dawn.


4. Have you ever owned or customized a "scented" doll? Did you like it?

I like most scented toys. I mean, I grew up with Strawberry Shortcake. Come on.


5. Taking a cue from Mattel's upcoming Silver Edition Chocolate Obsession Barbie (design by Robert Best), which has chocolate-toned hair and clothing *and* is scented like chocolate... If you could design a doll around a signature scent (could be food, flower, favorite perfume), what would it be like? (The doll itself doesn't have to be scented.)

Ah, right here you can see how old these questions are. Chocolate Obsession came out twelve years ago. Ha.

I've always loved the scent of Iris from Rose Petal Place, so give me that on a larger scale. 

No comments:

Post a Comment