Wednesday, September 30, 2026

REVIEW: Jakks Pacific Doll Haus of Dread Limited Edition Ghost Face



So color me shocked to learn that not only was there a limited edition of the Ghost Face doll, but that I'd ordered her from Walmart.

I wondered what the hell a bedazzled mask was. 

The only differences that I know of are the mask and the box. 



The box is very shiny. Not pretty enough for me to keep with my limited space, but it's nice. 




Black glittery stand. 


Bedazzled mask. 


Red mask purse. 


Horrible picture of these two pieces. 

The mask is iridescent metallic and definitely looks bedazzled. I love it. I think it's hilarious. Considering how the mask doesn't fit her face, I wasn't going to display it on her anyway, so it's not like there's any masked spooky vibe the shiny is throwing off. 



She's so cute! 

I knew I wanted her because she was a bobbed blonde that looks like Drew Barrymore's Casey character. 

But I also like the outfit a lot. It's higher quality in person than it looks in photos. It's got weight to it. 

And the boots. We'll get to those. 




She is gelled. I've since washed her out and she's drying. 


I just think she's adorable. People complain all the time about the faces on these dolls, but you guys have to remember that Jakks is neither Mattel nor MGAE. I don't mind repeating faces as long as they're cute. And seriously, how many of you have Bratz or My Scene? It's not like those have a ton of face variants, yet people hold both lines in high regard. So...perspective. 





I would wear the hell out of these. 





I might have bought this doll for these alone, but thankfully she also has other plusses. 




Yep, love her. 



People have been complaining about the Pinhead doll all day, but honestly, this is just as silly to me. The visible hair really takes away from any spooky factor. That's why I'm fine with the bedazzling. She's not scary to begin with. 

And really, guys, did you seriously expect a fashion doll line to have a bald doll with pins sticking out of her head? Did you? The beret is completely goofy, but it's also a kinda clever way of getting the look out there, complete with "blood," and having it still work in a fashion doll line that's going to sit on shelves at Walmart. Stop looking at the hat and appreciate the amazingness of that outfit. I cannot wait to have her! Without the beret, she's perfect. 

Anyway, back to Casey. 


 

Once again, love her. I'm fine with her not being super scary. I never expected her to be. I think this line did well with the themes considering that it's a fashion doll line not necessarily for adults. The only one I won't get, or at least not at full price, is Jason, because her outfit both bores me and looks cheap. The doll herself is lovely. I really cannot wait for Pinhead though!


PHOTO CREDIT: Mine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment