Thursday, July 27, 2023

REVIEW: Magic Mixies Pixlings Unia

Okay, first thing, we are not using her new name. It is HORRIBLE. DeerLee was at least still a cute name, just not one as nice as Willow. A little too cutesy. But Unia is AWFUL. Her original name was Celeste and that is what mine will be. What is with these toy companies lately? MGAE is naming RH/SH characters like they're My Little Pony and now Moose is slipping back into their Zelfs days with these girls. 

And she's not even a unicorn. She's got wings. She's a unipeg/pegacorn. Or if you're in G4 MLP, an alicorn. (Technically, that's the horn itself.)


Celeste is easy to ID in her bottle. Her gem is the purplish one. Willow's was an obvious lighter pink. 


And I was instantly smitten. 


Y'all know me. I frequently grump about how overused pink and purple are. I mean, honestly, Willow would have been amazing in shades of brown instead of all those pinks. But Celeste makes them work every bit in her favor. 


I think there's something about her skin color, particularly the vinyl of her head, that takes me back to G3 pony days. 


Plus, unlike Willow, her huge ears are visible. And gorgeous. 

I doubt I captured it, but her freckles include a tiny crescent moon and stars. They're so tiny that I'm sure they're not visible in the pic, but they're the white freckles over her nose. Her cheek decorations are three stars and a wing on each side. 



Her shoes are adorable and have a pearly sheen. 

Her legs are also pearly, while her head is more slightly translucent and glittery. Her hands and ears are painted two different non-glittery, non-pearly shades, so she's got a lot of skintone mismatching going on, yet it works. 



Love her ears so much. The ears in this line are amazing. 

Her hair is super silky just like Willow's. And I adore the light crimping. The two little ear bangs are gelled. 




Her wings are not removable. They're part of her.



She looks like a magical gymnast. 

She does have a more disjointed body mold than Willow. Still not as bad as Shoppies though. 



"Hey, Celeste!"

"Hi, Willow! Are we the first ones here?"

"Yeah. Marena is fishionably late."

*groan* "Stop." 

Final thoughts: I love her even more than Willow, which is very unusual considering her colors. It's the combo of the ears, the freckles, the face, the hair, and the shoes, I think. She's simply delightfully beautiful and delicate. 

Celeste in particular reminds me of Nebulous Stars art. I wish Moose would team up with them to produce bigger fashion dolls that aren't their giant dolls. Seeing these Pixlings, I know Moose could make dolls that look just like their art. 

Now we just have to wait for Marena!

PHOTO CREDIT: Mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment