Wednesday, July 5, 2023

REVIEW: American Girl Claudie



I've been planning on getting Claudie for quite some time and after reading her second book, I knew it would be soon. Then AG dropped a 20% off sale in my inbox and I jumped on it. 


I ordered the doll, two outfits, and Dizzy Dot the dog. 




She is so cute! 


I'm never great at photographing AGs. Trust me in that she's even cuter in person. 




I had to get Dizzy Dot. She's adorable. She's not Claudie's dog, but belongs to the lady that runs their boardinghouse. 



She's not poseable like other recent AG offerings, but I'm fine with that. 




Melody is guest-starring to model the flapper outfit. 


This coat is going to eat her alive! I love everything except this piece. It covers up the lovely dress and it's just a monster coat. Very fat and the lining is crinkly so it rustles every time you touch it. I'll put it up for sale. 



There we go. Much better. I love this dress. It looks great on Melody, too. Again, better in person because this angle isn't doing her neck any favors. 





Claudie wears her own performance outfit. 

I love this whole thing. 




Adorable. 


I rearranged my historical AG display to make space for Claudie and change up the seating arrangement for the first time in ages. 

I put Claudie back in her stock outfit. It's adorable and she can be in it for a while. Maybe in fall, I'll switch her to this. I love all three dresses. 

Definitely worth waiting for! My only real annoyance is that there's a copy of her book included with the doll and it's the $7.99 paperback version. When her book released, you had to spend $16.99 on the hardcover. There was no paperback. And her book is horribly, unfairly, ridiculously short. Currently, you can still only buy the hardcover, not the paperback. At least Amazon has it for under $10. I really wish they'd bring back the historical mysteries. I want more Claudie stories.

PHOTO CREDIT: Mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment