Saturday, July 8, 2023

5 Surprise


Before Zuru came up with Mini Brands, they had two series of "5 Surprise" balls that had 5 compartments with a toy or some kind. 

The figural toys for these balls were extremely cute. I bought several of them when I was still in FL. 

Here are some mermaids.



Then we've got the plants. 

Both plants and mermaids are color change. 



Princesses. I'm missing the brunette in the yellow dress. 



These pets are all Series 1. There should still be pets for Series 2, but they look like they're all in unnatural colors. 

Series 1 had ponies that I sadly have none of, and Series 2 has plush hamsters that I'd love to find. 



This bizarre monkey-head ice cream cone has a tiny suction cup on the back, so it's on my bathroom mirror. 



And my fave: the fairies. 

I started buying these again on ebay because I found the orange fairy in my local toy store and thought she looked like she belonged with 5 Surprise, but I didn't remember any fairies being available. That's because they're Series 2 only and I never got any of those. I found the blue fairy on ebay, along with the mushroom from the plant set, and two unopened balls, so I had to buy the lot for $6. 

I'm currently trying to find some more at reasonable prices. Series 2 seems harder to find. Both series have pink balls, but the plastic wrapper on Series 1 is pink and has cartoony images of the toys inside, while Series 2 is purple with no toy art. I'd love to get the other two fairies in the set! 

PHOTO CREDIT: Mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment