Wednesday, June 30, 2021

NEWS: Jada Toys' B-Kind Dolls

So I'm sure a lot of us have seen pics floating around Instagram with these big-eyed doll heads from a mysterious doll line. A friend linked me to Crystal Sushi's Insta with the announcement that they're a new line called B-Kind! Thank you, Crystal Sushi!

Honestly, this line has been driving me nuts because the headmolds really remind me of something and I just cannot place it. Rrgh. 

Here's the official Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/bkinddolls

And the website:

https://bkinddolls.com

I'm going to walk through that in a moment, but in a comment on Facebook, they did say that the dolls will be coming to Walmart stores and online in mid-July. 

Now back to the website. 

These are eco-friendly dolls so there are a lot of aspects of that in both the message and the manufacturing, which is cool. 

Then we've got images of the 5 dolls. I wish there were more pictures instead of the little pop-up about their personalities. I watched one of the videos (where the woman has all the dolls in the packaging) and each is a little over 12" tall. Each also looks to have a different skintone. The three palest ones all are slightly different. Each doll also comes with at least one DIY project. 

BRIANNA:

The inevitable blue-eyed blonde. Can anyone name me a doll line that put a blonde in its inaugural line that DID NOT have blue eyes? I prefer brown-eyed blondes and wish there were more of them. Like Adrienne Attoms and Julie from American Girl. Hmm, Adrienne is hard to count here because she's based on a real person. Same thing with Swag from OMG being based on a previous little doll. Are there any lines that were unique designs not based on actors or previous dolls that have a non-blue-eyed blonde as the initial blonde?

Anyway, Brianna also has bold pink streaks in her hair. I love her hairdo of the little buns with barrettes plus pigtails. Also love that two of the three girls wear pants and the details on her look really nice. 

KORAL:

Interesting spelling. I like it. I like her hair and the little blue curls in her bangs. She's cute. 

IVY:

Ivy. That's kind of like....FLORA. Heh. Sorry, she reminds me of Flora from Winx, which is a pretty good compliment considering she was my favorite non-Trix character by the end of whatever season I made it to. Same hair colors (minus the pink streaks), same eye color. I could absolutely see Flora wearing that. 

NORA: 

Who knew this would be my favorite? Yeah, I bet most of you. I'm not even going to go on about her, because I love everything. 

DAISY: 

That hairstyle is so cute and I love purple streaks in red hair. My second fave after Nora. (Also likely not surprising at all.)

I like the idea behind these and the quality looks pretty good. Jada Toys made Cutie Pops and I liked all three of the ones I had. If I have the money when they come out, I could see myself buying the entire line. There is definitely room for a bit of improvement. I would have liked to have seen more color in an eco line. For a green line, there's barely any green. Some yellow, some red. Less on the stereotypical, inside the box level of doll design. I appreciate the five different skintones, but more in the future would be nice. When are we going to see a doll line with a South Asian character in the initial lineup? Or a Muslim girl? Imagine how cool a Muslim girl at Rainbow High would be as a fashion designer making clothes appropriate for her religion. Sigh. Maybe someday. 

Anyway. I'll definitely be buying some if not all of these. I like them and I always like a nice message for kids, too. 

Now what in the world does that headmold remind me of?

2 comments:

  1. Aww not a problem! <3
    (I'm Crystal-Sushi on IG haha)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I'm so bad at keeping track of people's names, especially when I'm not active on IG. I know you as the blogger who did the great Shoppie guide that I still reference. Just did last night actually!

      Delete