Tuesday, June 1, 2021

MONTH IN REVIEW: May 2021

 

Aha, I'm actually May's Month in Review in a timely fashion and not halfway through June. Go, me. 


So this is, predictably, all bears again, because all the dolls and other things got reviewed already. 


This guy is Ebenezer. I saw him on ebay and fell in love. 





He's so cute that he deserves a better angle. 

I had to import him, but I looked at others of him for sale and this particular one was the one for me. I didn't care for the others. Cute but not import-worthy. I was so happy to win him!




This lull in 2021 bear deliveries really has coincided with luck in finding older bears from my wanted list. 

This standing darling is named Mince Pie. 



Then we've got Bearhugs, who is a new release for 2021. He's a Paw Store exclusive, so only certain stockists will have him (and should have him right now), as well as CB Direct. 

I like him, but I'm not 100% in love. Yet. We'll see.



Diddle Daddle on the left joins my other CB hedgehogs. Mosey from the Bearhouse (non-jointed) collection is in the middle and Bristle is on the right. 

A couple friends have pointed out that Diddle Daddle looks more like a bear in cosplay as a hedgehog. They're...not wrong. I've struggled with bonding with him. He and Bearhugs may end up in next year's annual adoption sale. 



But I can assure you this guy will not. This is Foster. He's a 2020 Secret Collection that we're still waiting on here in the US, so when I saw him on CB Direct UK, I went for it. I hate their shipping cost, but he got here from the UK in a handful of days, so it's also worth it. 



Foster is very photogenic in an odd way. He's a floppy, skinny yet also very cuddly bear. He just folds right into whatever embrace you give him. 

Some people think he looks grumpy, but his expression can be altered by moving the fur around his eyes in different ways. I happen to like him like this though. 




Byte is another older bear I picked up from a fellow collector on Facebook.

I have Blog from the same collection. They don't have jointed legs so they permanently sit. They were designed to hold devices. I have them as bookends on the same shelf. Blog holds me BAMS paws cards and Byte now has my Best Friends Club membership cards.


And finally for May, here is TeaCake (right). TeaCake is basically a brown version of Licky Tissue and I never intended to get him for that reason. He never became available in the US. But I've since seen owner pics and he's grown on me, so I finally picked him up from the UK. 


PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment