Sunday, February 28, 2021

REVIEW: American Girl Courtney (plus a Nanea outfit)

 


Look! It's Courtney!


Wait, gotta do something else first. 






I finally got Nanea her Holoku dress. I've been planning on getting this since I got her.






I love the colors and the print is lovely. The material is great, too. 





I didn't drape the special lei around her. I won't be displaying her with it. I think it blocks the dress too much. 





The train!


Two thumbs up for this. Nanea is happy. I love her Meet outfit, so it would take something special to get her out of it and this dress is it. 


Okay, back to Courtney. 

I read her first book on vacation in November and fell in love with the character. Then I just read her second book recently and actually ordered her. I picked up the doll, her cardigan, her splatter-print dress, and her Molly doll, as well as Nanea's dress. 





So here she is in the box. 





And out!

I'm an 80s kid (born in '78 but grew up in the 80s) so me getting the 80s character was always a strong likelihood. I'm not surprised she's blonde and blue-eyed, even if it is more of a dark honey blonde and a blue-green. I'm also not surprised she's a Classic mold, but honestly, it's a tribute to the trio that came out then. It fits. (Overdone and predictable or not.)



I think they could have done something more attractive and less Mary Ellen reminiscent than the bangs, but she's still plenty cute. 



Normally I would not go for an AG with hair like this. I like the ones where their hair isn't going to get easily messed up. Like I can do whatever with Roslin or Kit or Luciana and brush their hair and they're back to display-worthy. If Courtney's hair gets rumpled, it's over. Although on the plus side, who's really gonna notice? She's got one lazy curl that I keep trying to hide amongst the others. 




Her top is two separate tops. 


She's wearing pale blue panties under the tights.


Love those boots!





Ah, the splatter dress. I loved this thing from the pictures, but in person, it's even better. I never read about it so I didn't know until I opened it that it was nylon! (That's the fabric type my mom called it. I'm not good with fabric names.) But it elevates it so much. It looks awesome, but it also feels awesome. And it would rustle if she could walk in it.





A bit closer. 

Now I tend to prefer seeing as little of the AG fabric body as I can, so...




THE CARDIGAN.

I love this thing. 

This isn't the most coordinated look. I know she's supposed to wear the pink jacket with it, but I do not care. CARDIGAN.




It was the eighties. Just let it happen. 

This sweater reminds me of the old New Kids on the Block dolls. One of the Jonathan dolls had a cardigan in very similar colors. Ha. He's your favorite New Kid now, Courtney. Or he will be in 2 years. 





Here's the back. 





The Molly set! 

The tiny ribbon on the box!

THE TINY CATALOGUE! (Almost the entire reason I bought this. Not gonna lie.)



TINY CATALOGUE.



I love how it comes with a couple things circled by Courtney. She has very modest wants. 




Mini Molly with her tiny book.

I was glad to see Courtney was a Molly fan and the reason aside from the catalogue that I bought this was because Molly was my childhood AG so seeing a character with AG world loving Molly and getting her was quite nostalgic. 



And Courtney's happy. 

I've got her between Roslin and Luciana in my little AG display. Then Nanea is over on Luci's other side. The others are all together on a different shelf. Someday I'll have pics of everything. 

I'm very pleased with my first AG purchase in over 2 years. 


PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.

1 comment:

  1. Awww, Courtney's beyond adorable. And you're right, apparently her wants are surprisingly modest. I'd completely forgotten that the catalog came with Courtney having circled things. Just those four pages are enough to spiral me back into the happiest of nostalgia so definitely going to have to add that to the immediately buy pile along with Courtney's sweater. So. Cute!

    Huzzah for Nanea getting her dress. :D

    ReplyDelete