Monday, February 22, 2021

REVIEW: Barbie Color Reveal Color Block Series




I had yet to succumb to trying these color reveal dolls out, but I really like the designs for this brand new color block series, so I figured it was time. 

These run $14.99 each, which a bit steep, considering they're a simple doll with only basic articulation, a plug-in ponytail, a pair of shoes, a skirt, and a pair of earrings, but honestly, they're pretty fun, too, so that's what you're paying for. I think these recently did well in some toy competition and I can see why. I can see the target market really going for this. 


 


Definitely excited to see codes on these! Now I can get the other 3 with no duplicates. 

If you can't see them, they're stamped in silver on the lid underneath the hook.








I peeled off the outer label. 






Then the dolls look like this. 

Both of mine had the same headmold but different codes, so I hoped the codes were accurate. 

So you're supposed to fill the plastic tube with water and swirl the doll in it. This paint dissolves in water to reveal the doll. It was pretty easy, though I lost patience with doing it in the tube and ended up just holding her under running water and gently wiping the paint away. 





This is 3420HF. I'll put the codes at the bottom, too, so anyone can contribute more. 

This is the doll just after being rinsed off. 





Then I put her under cold water to activate her makeup and the color decor on her bodysuit. 

I wasn't sure about this at first, but the color stays. I even breathed on her mouth but her lipstick did not fade like most heat-activated changes would have. So cold water = color, hot water = no color. 








Then she has little packets that you open. 

She comes with shoes, a fabric skirt, a pair of earrings. 






And her hair, which plugs into her head.

I was definitely impressed. Yeah, these are basic, but there's a fun discovery element and I just really like the designs here.




This is 3450HF. I was really pleased because she and the red were my most wanted. 

I'm not sure how to describe this color. It photographs a lot brighter. Her ponytail I would definitely call teal, but the rest is kinda aqua? 





Complete!

I love the translucent shoes. 


  





These two definitely look different despite being the same headmold. 





A bit closer. 






And one final detail: a design that would be shaved into the back of her hair if she actually had hair. Love it. 

I hope to see these in stores soon so I can pick up the other three. 

I'm not a convert to the line where I'll be buying a lot, but if I like the entire design, I'm in. 


PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.






CODES: 

Purple: 3420HF, 0051HF

Teal: 3450HF

Red: 0041HF

Yellow:

Pink: 0491HF 

5 comments: