Wednesday, February 10, 2021

MONTH IN REVIEW: December 2020 & January 2021

 
I did that Best of 2020 post and somehow forgot to do December's Month in Review. So here's a combo for December and January. 


It's mostly bears. Shocking, I know. 


This lovely man is Miller. He wasn't initially on my pre-order list, but I added him after seeing people's owner pics. I was pretty far back on the choosing list, but by some miracle, I still got my first choice! He reminds me of a larger version of Candace, who was a 2019 favorite. 



I picked up Kibibi during CB Direct's Black Friday event. A lot of people complained about there being nothing they wanted, but I thought it was nice of them to do a sale at all. I think I got the only Kibibi though! I didn't hear of anyone else getting her. 


I actually had Kibibi on my original pre-order list for the year she came out, but ended up pulling her off it. She always hovered not quite on my low-key want list, but clearly it was destined for her to join my hug. 




STRUDEL. This guy was one of my big wants of the 2020 collection, so of course he, Carousel, Roger and Crin were all 4th quarter. (We're only just now getting Crin here in the US.)

Strudel is like Peach Cobbler but darker. I prefer him by far, though I do love Peach, too. They're just very cuddly, wonderful bears. 


Mozart is a stunning Kaycee Bears cat. He was on my want list for years, but I finally got him in December. 

Kaycee Bears cost a lot more than CBs, but they're tiny edition sizes and they're each handmade by the designer.


 


Mischief Maker did indeed cause mischief by delaying the package she and Minikin were travelling in. 




I wasn't sure I was getting this guy, but one of the only two I liked ended up being left when it was my time to choose and here we are.




Little Truckle was a Christmas present from Mom. 



We're in January now.


ROGER. I adore him. Definitely one of my faves from 2020.

I also think mine is the cutest one. I've seen many of them and while they are all cute, mine is the cutest. Sorry, other people's Rogers. 




I call Fritz my porcupine bear. I deliberately went for one with wide-set eyes. I love that sometimes.




The long-awaited Black Forest Gateaux. 

SO SOFT.




Mom and I scored some good deals on older bears on ebay. 

Molino was on my want list for quite some time. 




And so was Inkspot. 





Mom fell for little Fuddy. He's her bear. He actually is also the only one in the living room. He sits on the light gray teeny table with our landline phone. (Yes, she still has one.)

MY BABY. LOGAN.

Logan was one of my three big faves from the 2020 catalog. It was Rea, Logan and Carousel. Logan was supposed to be out in the 2nd quarter, which means April, May, June. It's been too long to talk exact time frames, but I saw him release in the UK. And waited. And waited. And waited. Almost all of the releases have been good. The UK gets something, then not too much later, we get it. But there were a handful of Q2 bears that did not make it out in the US. We were not told. I'm not the only one who waited to see their names on arrival lists. I believe I have watched Logan release in the UK three separate times now. Not once here in the US. I asked about him on Facebook repeatedly and it took months before I finally got an answer, which was something about having to close a manufacturer. (I think.) But that doesn't explain why the UK got him three times to our zero. During his second UK release, I asked a pretty big name UK retailer for info on shipping to the US. I know they do it. I've seen them do it for others on my FB groups. And they sell to the US on ebay. So what did they do? Ignored me. Completely. I forced myself to be patient and keep trying to get answers. Then finally I heard about the manufacturer being closed and decided it was time to commit to importing. I still planned on getting him from my stockist, since I was fine with having two, but I needed this bear in my life and the delays were just unacceptable at this point. So I went with Lovely Bears in Australia, because they have photos of all their different bears right on their website. Everything went very smoothly. As for Logan himself, I adore him. His dark purple parts are nice and soft and I love the gray, too. He's not very tightly stuffed, so he's wonderfully squishy and cuddly. I'm always a fan of the oversized feet. If you like Wren, you'll like Logan. I've chosen my second from my stockist so in February's Month in Review, you'll be seeing him again. 



I decided to give this guy a try on a whim and bought him from QVC when they had free shipping. I quite like him. He fits in nicely on my shelf of Halloween and fairy bears. 

Oh, his name is Cousin Jack. (Though that's a miner. Piracy must be his side gig.)




Switching away from bears for two seconds. 

This is a Viperwolf from Avatar. I saw him on the Shop Disney site and had to buy him. He's just so cool. I have my eye on one of the other critters, too.



I also got these three NuiMos and one outfit. I plan on getting them each an outfit eventually. There's one on the site now that I want for Angel, so I may place another order soon. 



Bassett is the first bear I've imported from ebay since covid began. I let a few go, but I was worried about shipping. However, I've done a lot of smooth international transactions recently, so it's back to buying from wherever without really worrying about it. 

He was part of the 2016 Sweetie Shop collection. I don't know why in the world I skipped the orange and black bear. Makes no sense to me!



And we end with Patchi. He was Bellzi's first limited edition special plush and I had to have this Frankenbear. I'm usually a sucker for Frankenbears. 

I need to take a photo of him with my other Bellzis, because I guess I've never photographed them!

So that catches us up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment