Tuesday, February 23, 2021

REVIEW: FailFix Series 1

Now this review has been a while coming! I kept planning on putting it up and then I'd find another doll on sale and add her, then take more pics, find another doll on sale, etc. But I finally have all five from the first series, so we're going to do this all at once. 

I didn't take any boxed pics or pics of things like the stands and brushes. I'm just showing off the dolls themselves. If you're new to FailFix and want all the details, check out my Pretty Artee review for that. 

So FailFix don't have names but Instagram-style @ identities. I can't type that sort of thing. It makes me cringe. I get that it's appealing to the target market and I'm all for going that, but I'm 42. I'm not referring to a doll by her online ID or misspelling stuff. (Seriously, even the Z endings on things still make me shudder. I'm old.)



So first up is Preppy Posh. I am always a sucker for a brown-eyed blonde. Like always. And she's curvy? Extra sold. Oh, what, she has glasses, too? Come on! Perfection. 

I love her shoes! 



I really love the faces on these girls. The lips especially are painted like nothing else on the market. They're gorgeous. 

This is the Day version.

So yeah, she's the preppy, fancy girl. Two things I do not normally go for, but combined with the aspects I do like, she comes out as one of my faves. 


 


"Oh, there are my glasses!"

(Mine speaks in an English accent in my head.)

I love her expression. She's wistful, hopeful, maybe a teeny tiny bit sad. Very unique.





Now I love her hair and I wanted it to be free, but I also love that dark blue butterfly clip, so on it went. 





Pretty! 




One more look at her before we move on. 




This one is Loves Glam. I just call her Glam. 

I won't be doing anything with those curler things. 



Accessories. 




Gorgeous!


This is the Day version. 




I really love her lipstick colors.





And the green eyes are a nice touch. 




Earring shot. 

These two are besties on my shelf. And both curvy!




Shoes.





And now we've got Kawaii Qtee. Kawaii it is. 


I got the Sparkle version.



Accessories, some of which vanish into the carpet. I should have laid them out in a box lid or something. Ah, well.




Adorable! 

Of course her necklace is twisted. Sigh. 

Again, I love the lip colors.




Hair thingamabobs. 


Seriously, necklace. I kept picking her up to adjust things and then just forgetting to fix the necklace.



I lined the barrettes all up. I didn't like them scattered all over her hair. 


But this still feels like too much for simple me.




Another angle on that. 

Her necklace is completely backwards now. 



Oh, hey, there we go! Simpler hair AND I finally fixed the necklace.

Kawaii is so cute and delicate.

My only complaint is that her hair was the least nice. It's still pretty spectacular, but the others had amazing hair after the gel was washed out. Hers feels a teeny bit dry. 


So I got Posh, Kawaii and Glam all at the same time. Then I ordered Slay It DJ from Amazon. When she got here, it was the super busy time of my week, so she just got opened with no pre-makeover picture taken. But here are her makeovery accessories. 



I also never took a photo with her hair down, because I played around with her hairclip and then got it just where I wanted and now I don't want to touch it again!


I neglected to take a close shot of her boots, but they are awesome. They and Posh's heels are my fave shoes from the line. Both pink, which is unusual for me, but they're that awesome.



She's my sleeper for the line. I honestly expected to like her about least, but she's my second favorite after Artee. I love her sassy expression. 

I also love that she clearly has eye wonk, which none of my others had to this point, but I didn't even notice until today. It's  not nearly as bad as when other lines have wonk. 

This is the Day version. She's the only one where I think I want to hunt down another version on ebay or Mercari. I want the Sparkle one. Actually, no, I lied. I want the Evening version of Glam, too.




Earring shot. 

I love her profile.




Even cooler earring shot. 





Her badass hair. 

Love that detail.



Moving on, here are the accessories for Dance Stylz. Agh, that hurt to type. She just came today!




Actually took a photo pre-hair wash for her. 






And thanks to her amazing hairstyle, I could take my review photos for her even though her hair was still wet.





I love her hair. 

And her eyeshadow. 

And her skintone. 





Not so big on the dress that looks like a sports jersey. Some teeny little shorts would have been nice under there. She pulls it off somehow, but yeah, she kinda looks like this is what she sleeps in. 



So pretty. 




A shot of the cool earring.

And finally, a picture of all THREE...count them...THREE different body types. 

Take notes, MGAE. You may have detail and the ability to copy fashion brand names, but man, your diversity sucks compared to this. 

These dolls have stunning faces in unique molds plus body type and skintone diversity. I really wish people would stop sleeping on this line and appreciate it more. They're stunningly beautiful! 

PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.

9 comments:

  1. ...dammit. Artee there made me want them a little but this post just cemented my need for them. DJ actually makes the wonk work for her somehow and that's just skill. I do have a gift card from my brother and his gf that I haven't spent yet...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited you made this!!! I really love this line and hopefully we get some more.
    I believe some people don't think these dolls are as "fancy" as newer lines, but like you mentioned they are SO different from each other. I want more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It depends what each person means by fancy. If they want multiple, detailed *cough*designer knockoff*cough* outfits, then they want Rainbow High. If they want over the top to the point of being too much, then they want LOL OMG. If they want body, skintone and face diversity, well then this is the line for them. I only wish the companies could combine diversity in the dolls themselves with detail in the clothing. But none of them seem to be able to.

      Delete
    2. I love Rainbow High's designer knockoff pieces but I absolutely agree that it's becoming a bit much. It'd be even cuter with random logos if the designers tried a little. I think the problem with different body types is the fashion swap element on the consumer side (Barbie is the only line that does this well but Barbie is like a giant monolith), but also that they have to decide what to spend the R&D on; dolls or fashions? Maybe one day they'll figure it out.

      Delete
  3. Dunno if you know, but Moose stole the art on Kawaii Qtee’s dress from an artist named Miss Kika. They ended up having to change it later because they did not have permission.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't heard anything about it, but then I tend to miss the controversies. Are there before and after pics of the dress?

      Delete
    2. Your doll is the stolen art, and this is the after https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/91eS3I5%2BYPL._AC_SX425_.jpg

      Delete
    3. Hmm, that's strange. It's not like I bought these when the line came out. If they actually changed a design, wouldn't the problematic dolls have been switched out for the new ones? Does this dress actually exist somewhere that's not an item listing?

      Delete
    4. I noticed I started seeing the new design only recently at target, so maybe there were just SO many of the stolen art that they’ve not all sold out.

      Delete