Wednesday, February 10, 2021

REVIEW: My Little Pony Smashin' Fashion singles


I'm finally getting around to reviewing this line. These are the My Little Pony Smashin' Fashion single packs. I got them for $7.99 each on Amazon. I have seen the $19.99 2-pack of DJ and Pinkie in stores, but I can't remember if I've noticed these. 

I have heard there are color variants, so keep an eye out for them in stores if you're picky about your outfit colors. 


So these are basically dressable figures sort of like the other line of dressable pony figures only those are in the Equestria Girls human style while these are just standing ponies.

The outfits are super simple. 



And they come with themed accessories. Sunset Shimmer here is a rock star. 





The bow is cute but doesn't stay on at all. 

The sunglasses are a bit much for me, but I do like the boots. Probably my favorite piece of all these single packs.



Then there's a mystery pouch that I guess you're supposed to hit. Hence the "smashin'" part of the line name. 

(Note: I love that Hasbro found a way, after all these years, to reuse the old Misfits fashion name from the Jem line. Heh.)



This green dress was inside the pouch, which I did not punch. I just ripped the back open. 


It's pretty cute. Sunset definitely got the best of the outfits. 


There was also a balloon thing in the pouch. I'm not sure of the point, but there it was.



Here she is undressed. 


And the best part...



They convert into regular pony form with ease. 

So basically you're paying $7.99...or rather, I'M paying $7.99...for an extra poseable pony figure.



So then we've got Twilight Sparkle in what is definitely the oddest set. I've never watched the Pony Life show. I actually never finished watching the original Friendship Is Magic either. I think I left off somewhere in Season 6...

But anyway, no idea if there is context for this bizarre outfit. 

Also note the different (and harder to open) packaging from Sunset's.


So Twilight gets a...cat suit? Monster suit? The ears are like cat ears, but the paws don't really say cat to me. 

And there's a rainbow bracelet that I'm sure has some sort of explanation. 



Her hidden dress is the same theme. It's got a paw print on it. 



Ah, that's better. 



Definitely a fan of the shorter manes on these. 


I forgot to take a pic of Rainbow Dash packaged, but she has the same style as Twilight. 

Her theme seems to be roller-skating. She has a fanny pack and a winged water bottle. The oddest thing to me is the horned visor. Does Dash have unicorn aspirations or something? 






Her second dress is cute, but none of this really reads Rainbow Dash to me.




Hey, there she is.




She has super cool hair. I love it. 



So yeah, I paid $7.99 each for very poseable pony figures. I regret nothing. The fashion elements are cute but definitely more for the target market, which is totally fine. I'm just glad they also have a basic element that appeals to me. I do love the bright colors and the mane and head molds a lot. I hope they bring out the others, especially Rarity and Fluttershy. It's always bizarre to me when they leave Rarity out of any line that has clothes. 

PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment